Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thunderbirds

I just noticed on the TV planner that Thunderbirds S1 E1 is on Saturday 2nd September 15.00-16.05
Talking Pictures TV Freeview 82 Sky 328 Virgin 445 F'Sat 306.
Added to my planner  :)

Comments

• Options
    If it's the original I am in.   If only I had kept the Tracey Island set my kids got me for my 40th...
  • Options
    FAB
  • Options
    Am going to have to check that out.
  • Options
    I had Thunderbirds 1-5 & a Thunderbirds hat. 
  • Options
    FAB
  • Options
    I just noticed on the TV planner that Thunderbirds S1 E1 is on Saturday 2nd September 15.00-16.05
    Much appreciated, but I take my TV recommendations from @Bedsaddick and nobody else.
  • Options
    Lady Penelope. Wouldya?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Lady Penelope. Wouldya?
    I always fancied Tin Tin.
  • Options
    All free to watch on the ITV x streaming system 

https://www.itv.com/watch/thunderbirds/TBIRDS/ENT1646a0001
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:
    Lady Penelope. Wouldya?
    Yes m’lady 
    Good luck with the splinters
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Absolutely loved it, my uncles got me into it as I imagine that's what they watched growing up. I had Tracey island and TB 1, 2 and 3, was obsessed with the set as a kid. Thunderbird 2 is absolutely iconic. Ironically one of my childhood 'traumas' is linked to the show. I was playing with the set when I was about maybe 10 or 11 and one of my families friends who was a bit of geezer called me strange and that I 'need to grow up soon' cause I would always walk around with one of the toys. Safe to say I shortly stopped after ffs 😂

Captain Scarlet was my favourite show of that genre though, I still hum the theme tune sporadically and had all the toys. 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Lady Penelope. Wouldya?
    'Parker take off my bra'

'Yus milady'

'Parker take off my panties'

'Yus milady.

'Parker if I ever catch you wearing them again you're out of a job' 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    All free to watch on the ITV x streaming system 

https://www.itv.com/watch/thunderbirds/TBIRDS/ENT1646a0001
    S1 E1 synopsis: "Criminal Mastermind puts a bomb on a plane". 

That's so far-fetched.  It would never happ... wait, what?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Absolutely loved it, my uncles got me into it as I imagine that's what they watched growing up. I had Tracey island and TB 1, 2 and 3, was obsessed with the set as a kid. Thunderbird 2 is absolutely iconic. Ironically one of my childhood 'traumas' is linked to the show. I was playing with the set when I was about maybe 10 or 11 and one of my families friends who was a bit of geezer called me strange and that I 'need to grow up soon' cause I would always walk around with one of the toys. Safe to say I shortly stopped after ffs 😂

Captain Scarlet was my favourite show of that genre though, I still hum the theme tune sporadically and had all the toys. 
    Loved them all too and like you Captain Scarlet and Joe 90 were my favourites. I had a Joe 90 secret agent case. Also had the Dinky Thunderbird Two which was blue for some reason. I have been watching Space 1999 on London Live. Was explaining to my niece the other day that Fab ice lollies were originally a Thunderbirds tie in.
  • Options
    Hopefully we are not calling international rescue come 5 on Saturday. Absolutely loved Thunderbirds when I was a kid.
  • Options
    Loved this and Stingray as a kid. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    I would have been in heaven if my job was to make those shows. I prefer that stuff to CGI to watch. The music across the board was superb too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgUjjj_VEwg
  • Options
    Did anyone watch Secret Service with Stanley Unwin ?
    https://youtu.be/BCBYGuhLd6M?si=y0LlwK2aP9Tc4Tel
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Much appreciated, but I take my TV recommendations from @Bedsaddick and nobody else.
    I think your son might like it, but it's hard to tell if it's still appealing to kids.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I think your son might like it, but it's hard to tell if it's still appealing to kids.
    Yeah il give it a go  with him for sure, be a nice break from watching videos of people playing mario or technic lego
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Just tried showing the episode to my 7 year old son and he looked at me like I'd lost the plot  :|
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    shine166 said:
    Just tried showing the episode to my 7 year old son and he looked at me like I'd lost the plot  :|
    The kids of today are so discerning. I bet he's a Charlton fan too. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    The kids of today are so discerning. I bet he's a Charlton fan too. 
    Fortunately, for all involved, he's not really into football yet. He does know where his loyalties lie should someone ask, though  :)
  • Options
    Absolutely loved it, my uncles got me into it as I imagine that's what they watched growing up. I had Tracey island and TB 1, 2 and 3, was obsessed with the set as a kid. Thunderbird 2 is absolutely iconic. Ironically one of my childhood traumas as I was playing with the set when I was about maybe 10 or 11 and one of my families friends who was a bit of geezer called me strange and that I 'need to grow up soon' cause I would always walk around with one of the toys. Safe to say I shortly stopped after ffs 😂

Captain Black was my favourite and love him even more in his latest re-incarnation 

Prepare for divingsquealingcheating and petulance tomorrowArsenal are in  town -
    There is no way it's not him, even has the evil vacant look and eyebrows.

https://youtu.be/Vs13rCqfH9k?si=Vdd-VgfzvLsE1Msv

Truly terrified me as a kid, the Mysterons voice 

• Options
    I’ve got my old Dinky Thunderbirds toys on display, along with Captain Captain Scarlett and Joe 90 ones. I’be also got a Supercar picture signed by Gerry Anderson somewhere. My sister worked in children’s TV and got it for me years ago. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    You are abit behind us. We saw the rerun on national television April 2020. One episode per week first series then I believe 6 episodes of second series. Was hoping for an episode I had not seen. For those people of a certain age Thunderbirds was peak viewing entertainment and well worth another airing.
    Well spotted.