Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tennai Watson - Signs on a TWO Year Deal (CONFIRMED) ++

Comments

• Options
    It was horrible watching Watson and Edun yesterday. If we are going to play 3-5-2 we need wing backs who are physically stronger when defending, be able to get up and down the pitch quickly and have the skill to deliver good balls into the opposition’s box. Edun may have more pace than Watson but he seems to run around like a headless chicken. Neither of them seem able to deliver a cross that gets past the first defender. 
  • Options
    I think part of the problem is neither Edun or Watson are good enough in a wingback role. Just give them one job to do and go from there in a flat back 4
  • Options
    If NJ plays him Tuesday I will be seriously concerned. Pretty sure he would have seen enough to make an informed decision.
  • Options
    Terrible player. Don’t really understand how anyone could have watched him and Edun for first part of the season and then think they are good enough to be wing-backs for us. 
  • Options
    In the top three of our highest rated player from today’s game according to all the stats sites… Edun and Coventry the others.
    That proves how rubbish those stat sites are
  • Options
    We signed him from another team who underachieved and got relegated from this division, the warning signs were all there with I assume another cheap option signing.
  • Options
    Shades of Simon Francis. Came with a decent reputation but hasn't trained on. Confidence now looks shot and he needs taking out of the firing line pronto as I don't think he is up for the battle ahead. 
  • Options
    I thought he showed a lot of tenacity yesterday in chasing and tackling. Where he was awful was in getting forward. If he made one successful cross, I must have missed it (same goes for Edun). Frankly, I think we are playing a formation that expects too much of the pair of them. It might be OK for players with high quality, high fitness and high confidence, but I'm afraid that ain't what we've got. I'd be inclined to try them as traditional full backs in a flat back four. I genuinely don't know if it would work, but what I do know is that whatever we're doing at the moment most definitely isn't working.
  • Options
    Awful player, looks scared to do anything with the ball 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I thought he showed a lot of tenacity yesterday in chasing and tackling. Where he was awful was in getting forward. If he made one successful cross, I must have missed it (same goes for Edun). Frankly, I think we are playing a formation that expects too much of the pair of them. It might be OK for players with high quality, high fitness and high confidence, but I'm afraid that ain't what we've got. I'd be inclined to try them as traditional full backs in a flat back four. I genuinely don't know if it would work, but what I do know is that whatever we're doing at the moment most definitely isn't working.
    Watson did put one good ball in (Kanu chance), Edun had more attempts and couldn’t even manage 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I slightly prefer Watson to Edun but neither are up to it. 
  • Options
    Wing-back is THE most important position in this formation. These new boys had better be good. 10A and Edun could relegate us. I've seen enough of them over most of a season, before anyone says I'm piling on ;)
  • Options
    Lovely assist for Readings 2nd goal,perfectly cushioned header
  • Options
    I think it says it all when Thomas was deployed as a wing back at points in recent games, and was immediately able to swing in a couple of crosses. 

Edun and Watson have been crap for most of the season
  • Options
    edited February 12
    My three Reading mates were singing TW’s praises, and were very surprised when I told them how poor he’d been. They said Reading fans were really annoyed when he was sold. 
    I did point out that it was his weak header that led to their second goal. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    My three Reading mates were singing TW’s praises, and were very surprised when I told them how poor he’d been. They said Reading fans were really annoyed when he was sold. 
    There pulling ya leg mate
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    There pulling ya leg mate
    You'd think so, wouldn't you.
  • Options
    In the top three of our highest rated player from today’s game according to all the stats sites… Edun and Coventry the others.
    So what. 
    We were at the game and he was utter chuff, as were Eden & Ladapo. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I'd be amazed if Ramsay doesn't come in on the right, with our desperate lack of creativity we need someone with more zip and hopefully capable of crossing the ball.

It's not as if Watson's defending has compensated for the lack of attacking threat.
  • Options
    edited February 13
    I’ve been surprised how poor he’s been, since he started for us.

Everyone has a bad game here and there, but if you improve it gets forgotten about a bit.

Every match I think, this is the game he’s going to show us why we signed him, and he plays awful, it’s like it’s all a bit too much for him.

I try not too be too sniffy about where players have come from, I’ve learnt my lesson after signing Dean Kiely, it’s what they do for us that counts.

But at the moment Tennai looks like a league 2 player, playing in League one.

Can he be coached to improve, or is it too late for that?

Really want him to improve, but it’s painful to watch.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has for me been one of the biggest improvements under NJ, still has moments but his positional sense and ability has been so much better
  • Options
    He started the game slowly yesterday... Definitely grew into it, and was one of the improvements in the second half.
  • Options
    He's a clear example of how much difference proper coaching makes
  • Options
    He's always half a step behind for me, there was a large period last night where every ball to him he was late getting to, every 50/50 he ended up in a 35/65 in the oppositions favour, and every tackle he made was a lazy dangle of the leg as his man was already going past him.

It's a shame Ramsay is out because in his few moments so far he looked a lot more dynamic.

Maybe NJ can get a tune out of Asiimwe the same way he's got one out of Anderson?
  • Options
    Coaching and organisation under Jones has helped, but he doesn’t look like a player with room to push on. Doesn’t have the pace or skill to be effective in attack, naturally more of a defender so I don’t see him getting many goals and assists through hard work and good movement either. Doesn’t stand out defensively with his awareness or physicality either. Even with Ramsay out we still have the option of REG or Asiimwe, so he can’t get too comfortable with his place in the team.

Would happily have him prove me wrong but it’s difficult to imagine where he has room to make a big improvement in his game with him being nearly 27.
  • Options
    In my opinion he’s not half as bad as everyone makes out. A lot of good stuff goes unmentioned whereas people jump on him for every mistake, mistakes others make but don’t get pelters for. A few ropey games early on have I fear tainted peoples view of him and he now needs to play to a 9/10 to score a 7 in the ratings
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    He's always half a step behind for me, there was a large period last night where every ball to him he was late getting to, every 50/50 he ended up in a 35/65 in the oppositions favour, and every tackle he made was a lazy dangle of the leg as his man was already going past him.

Exactly my thoughts. I can't decide whether it's a physical issue or a mental one (as the saying goes, At the highest level the first two yards are in your head)