Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tennai Watson - Signs on a TWO Year Deal (CONFIRMED) ++

Comments

• Options
    Every now and then he surprises me by intercepting the ball and going on a decent run and he does have some ability but he seems to lacks the physicality and dynamism needed to be a wing back and I'm not convinced he's a good full back either. Indictment on the poor recruitment this season that the 2 full back/wing backs brought in since NJ took over are streets ahead of Watson and Edun.
  • Options
    I would go with REG at RWB, as I think we have CB options that allow that shift to be made. Additionally REG looked much better than Watson when the change was made yesterday.
  • Options
    Assuming Ramsey is good enough to be number one next season (big assumption as we have barely seen him), then we will need back up. Tennai is good enough for that imo.
    The question imo is would it be best to have Assimwe as back up or would it be better to loan him to L2 for a full season of adult footy and keep Tennai.
    I think Tennai has been fine last 2-3 games.

• Options
    I would go with REG at RWB, as I think we have CB options that allow that shift to be made. Additionally REG looked much better than Watson when the change was made yesterday.
    I think REG as been a very underrated signing, when I was looking in to the Anderson stats the other day, he was up there with the most passes, success rate, and winning his tackles as well. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I think REG as been a very underrated signing, when I was looking in to the Anderson stats the other day, he was up there with the most passes, success rate, and winning his tackles as well. 
    Agreed, I really rate him. Much more comfortable on the ball than any of other centre backs 
  • Options
    He plays walking football. 
  • Options
     I was strangely a bit concerned when he went off yesterday. Thought breaking up the back line was going to do us a bit of damage but luckily it never.
    He does a job, but he rarely appears to be busting a gut to do it. Surprised Jones puts up with it? Maybe he's just naturally slow?
  • Options
    Was a key part of our effective high pressing yesterday
  • Options
    Assuming Ramsey is good enough to be number one next season (big assumption as we have barely seen him), then we will need back up. Tennai is good enough for that imo.
    The question imo is would it be best to have Assimwe as back up or would it be better to loan him to L2 for a full season of adult footy and keep Tennai.
    I think Tennai has been fine last 2-3 games.

Hmm, he didn't even jump for their goal yesterday.
    The scorer's comittment to get his head to that ball was the opposite of Tenai.
    Plus, he was pretty poor early on, although improved later.
    He's definitely the weakest link at the moment. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are there any players that haven’t shown some improvement under Jones, even if it’s just energy and commitment?
  • Options
    Are there any players that haven’t shown some improvement under Jones, even if it’s just energy and commitment?
    Probably only Ladapo, been poor in almost all games since signing. Glad it is only a loan now.
  • Options
    Probably only Ladapo, been poor in almost all games since signing. Glad it is only a loan now.
    Is that a fitness thing though ?
  • Options
     I think he came in at a very difficult time followed by a very difficult run of games.
    I thought he showed some endeavour with very little service.
    The beauty of our next run of games is that the likes of Ladapo should get the chance to show their worth. He clearly has ability and could cause havoc in this league when fully fit. Let's hope he takes his chance 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Even when he's in a good run of form, it's still not impressive. He's set the bar low and rising above it isn't quite meeting the level we need. 
    I take that back, last night he did indeed look impressive
  • Options
    He was excellent last night... Worked really well with Coventry - Wonder if its their time together @ Milton Keynes that helps Tennai know where to expect the ball

Was showing a bit of pace at times as well

Not to mention, I said it during the game, but he did really well to finish the match with his slight injury from recent weeks, wonder if it was never the plan for him to finish until we lost REG...

If he keeps this up, then Ramsay isn't going to waltz back into the starting line up
  • Options
    edited March 6
    He seems to be possibly the most improved player under the Nathan Jones effect.

He’s blown hot and cold this season but if he can keep his current form up he and Ramsay competing for RWB will be one position on the pitch sorted going into next season.
  • Options
    REG was often wide RB as the pitch looked small. Jones urged Tennai to play further up. It worked. 

Consistency needed and there may be an impact if say the player nearest to him is Hector, Thomas, Jones due to REG's injury.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First time really under Jones I've thought he was on a level with the rest of the group. Very good performance, hope it continues. 
  • Options
    I think I said it on the Gillesphey thread but this is just the effect of having decent coaching staff. Tennai was good for MK Dons in their L1 Play-Off season and then decent in their relegation season despite missing the first 16 games and sometimes playing CB. He's not a team changing wing-back. If the team is ok he'll contribute but he's not going to single-handedly drag you to success and he'll struggle in a struggling team. We have so many players who people were willing to have put down only a couple of months ago who are doing much better now and looking like the player we thought we'd signed. Lloyd is looking good again, Tennai looks good, Coventry, Thomas, Anderson, Ness didn't look awful when he came on. No-one Jones has played looks hopeless which is a depressingly huge leap from before. I'm sure there's a good few players who have come and gone since our last relegation who would have looked like twice the player they did for us under Jones instead of miserably declining under the coaching they had with us. I feel a bit guilty the way we've stolen a year or two from some people's careers through top-down incompetence honestly.
  • Options
    Under Appleton he offered virtually no attacking threat at all, barely a single cross of note.

Now he's getting into great areas, and delivering some excellent crosses, a real transformation. A definite sign of good coaching (team and player) and man management, plus the change of tactics, as with 3 engine room midfielders, the wingbacks HAVE to be creative players.
  • Options
    No need to rush Ramsay back now
  • Options
    I think I said it on the Gillesphey thread but this is just the effect of having decent coaching staff. Tennai was good for MK Dons in their L1 Play-Off season and then decent in their relegation season despite missing the first 16 games and sometimes playing CB. He's not a team changing wing-back. If the team is ok he'll contribute but he's not going to single-handedly drag you to success and he'll struggle in a struggling team. We have so many players who people were willing to have put down only a couple of months ago who are doing much better now and looking like the player we thought we'd signed. Lloyd is looking good again, Tennai looks good, Coventry, Thomas, Anderson, Ness didn't look awful when he came on. No-one Jones has played looks hopeless which is a depressingly huge leap from before. I'm sure there's a good few players who have come and gone since our last relegation who would have looked like twice the player they did for us under Jones instead of miserably declining under the coaching they had with us. I feel a bit guilty the way we've stolen a year or two from some people's careers through top-down incompetence honestly.
    It’s that middle group of the 888 plan - players who on paper are solid L1 but they’ll be dragged up or down by the team and look as good/poor as what’s going on around them.

Jones has got us playing with more organisation and intensity, with those areas being the focus over possession and playing out from the back. Everyone looks better for it as it’s much more difficult for the opposition compared to when only Dobson and occasionally others played at that high tempo.

If we can consistently play that way, keep players fit and have enough top L1 players we’ll do well next season. No doubt we’ll need to strengthen, but we won’t need an entirely new squad when they’re under a manager who can get the most out of them.
  • Options
    Looked very good going forward last night. Having two wingbacks bombing down the wings has made such a difference to our play
  • Options
    He was lucky with the penalty shout that the ref was unimpressed with the way the attacker went down easily, and could have done better in the build up to the goal, but generally much better than I've seen him play so far this season all round.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Definitely upped his game since Ramsay arrived.  Competition for places improves threatened player......who knew!

Fair play to him.  Still think his heading is woeful and he's not the strongest but he's definitely improved
    You must have missed the match yesterday as his heading was excellent, it was a deliberate tactic pinging crossfield balls over to him to flick onto May/Kanu  
  • Options
    His heading in the Cheltenham half was decent.