Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tickets for Charlton's Sky Bet League One clash at Shrewsbury Town are now on general sale.

edited September 2023 in Match Day Travel

The club have received an allocation of 1,656 for the trip to the Croud Meadow on Saturday, September 30th (KO 3pm BST).

Click here to purchase your tickets for Shrewsbury v Charlton.

PRICES

Adult: £24

O60/Student/U24: £17

U19: £10

U14: £1 (when accompanied by a full-paying adult)

Ambulant Disabled: 40 tickets are available at the relevant age band price and the helper goes free.

Wheelchair Bays: Six bays are available at the relevant age band price and the helper goes free.

VALLEY AWAY

Away coach travel will be available for the trip to Shrewsbury via the club's Valley Away service, priced at £26 with the following pick-up points and times:  

COACH ONE

Bromley: 8.05am

Eltham: 8.30am

Charlton: 8.45am

COACH TWO

Larkfield: 7.40am

Gravesend: 8am

Dartford: 8.15am

Bexleyheath: 8.30am

Charlton: 8.45am

Click here to book your place on the Valley Away service to Shrewsbury.

Match tickets can be purchased from The Valley's Ticket Office until 1pm on Friday, September 29th.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/shrewsbury-town-away-tickets-sale-now

Any any industrial action on the railways on this day will have to be announced on or before Friday 15th September.

Comments

• Options
    • Allocation: 1,656

• Sold: 173

• On sale until: 1pm on Friday, September 29th

• Options
    edited September 2023
    NabySarr said:
    Lots still available for those who missed out on Stevenage…
    Something tells me I'll be safe waiting until the very last minute for this one..

3rd* visit to this place it will be for me, cursed place 
  • Options
    Been there, done that, stuck on the trains home for 6 hours.
  • Options
    Missed this first time round. not been since the playoff semi loss
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Strike by ASLEF drivers will take place on this day, there is normally no service on Avanti West Coast on ASLEF strike days.

Train drivers have announced two more strikes as part of a long-running dispute with rail companies over pay.

The Aslef union said its members at 16 train companies would walk out on 30 September and 4 October.

It added an overtime ban for drivers across the rail network would take place on Friday 29 September and for five days from 2 to 6 October.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66817630

• Options
    @clive Friday 29th September, not 19th
  • Options
    @clive Friday 29th September, not 19th
    Amended, thanks.
  • Options
    Looks like driving again then. 
  • Options
    Pick us up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are there definitely no trains for this? Or will there be an amended timetable released as some point? 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Are there definitely no trains for this? Or will there be an amended timetable released as some point? 
    There will be no Avanti West Coast services or London Northwestern services on this day, which will mean no trains out of Euston to Birmingham/Crewe/Wolverhampton where connections are made to Shrewsbury.
    Chiltern Railways from Marylebone to Birmingham are also unlikely to have any trains running.
    https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/
    https://www.londonnorthwesternrailway.co.uk/industrialaction

• Options
    I mean absolute hats off to anyone doing this one with no trains

*doffs cap*
  • Options
    • Allocation: 1,656

• Sold: 242

• On sale until: 1pm on Friday, September 29th

• Options
    Not that I plan to go but on train strike days the club probably should be looking at stepping up the coach travel arrangements to assist/encourage as many fans to go as possible. 
  • Options
    I mean absolute hats off to anyone doing this one with no trains

*doffs cap*
    Have driven before - parked at the nearest pub and side streets are free also 
  • Options
    Confirmation, no trains will run between Marylebone & Birmingham.

Saturday 30th September 2023:

ASLEF INDUSTRIAL ACTION

Due to planned ASLEF industrial action on this date, NO CHILTERN RAILWAYS SERVICES WILL OPERATE.
    https://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/strike

• Options
    Another away I wanted to do but instead playing Celtic manor with a group of charlton mates. Shows that even some of my lot who are pretty die hard will do other things now 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Pick us up?
    And me....
  • Options
    2 more coming…will be a fun train journey from Chester with Crewe playing Wrexham. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Train terminating at Wolverhampton to get a 150 quid cab there a few years ago is enough to put me off :)
  • Options
    Train terminating at Wolverhampton to get a 150 quid cab there a few years ago is enough to put me off :)
    was -3 windchill that day too, and we lost late on. Horrible away day
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Lovely place for a weekend, a shame the ground is a pain getting to and from the station.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how many we have sold for this? 
  • Options
    Is there no train action to get there ?  my eldest was going with mates if train available 
  • Options
    Is there no train action to get there ?  my eldest was going with mates if train available 
    There will be no trains from Euston / Marylebone to Birmingham/ Crewe/ Stafford or Wolverhampton where connections are made to Shrewsbury.
    Transport for Wales train services are not affected by strike action so it may be possible for people in the Midlands/NW England/Wales to use trains to Shrewsbury.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Lovely place for a weekend, a shame the ground is a pain getting to and from the station.
    A trek from the station, but quite a pleasant one
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    For those who are travelling to Shrewsbury on Saturday, this guide issued by Shrewsbury might be handy.
    https://www.shrewsburytown.com/siteassets/documents/2324/travelplan-2023-24.pdf
    Unlike our club who have inundated me with emails with incorrect information regarding travel to Shrewsbury.

• Options
    Does anyone know how many we have sold for this? 
  • Options
    Information for those who plan to use the Blackwall Tunnel Southbound this weekend.

Works | TfL works

[A102] Blackwall Tunnel (Southbound) at the junction of [A102] Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach - Various closures during works related to the Silverlink Tunnel and a new footbridge south of the tunnel. From 00:01 Saturday 30 September until 05:00 Monday 02 October, closed. Monday 2 until Friday 06 October, inclusive, closed between 23:00 and 05:00 each night. From 00:01 Saturday 07 until 05:00 Monday 09 October, closed.

https://tfl.gov.uk/