Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

any sunday league teams looking for players?

im looking for a new sunday league side this season. if any of you guys play for a team and are looking for a striker or a winger, i could be your man.. if you could send me a whisper that would be wicked..

Comments

• Options
    i run one and looking for a striker mate. I'll send you a whisper
  • Options
    Wat team do you run AFKA?
  • Options
    i've sent you a whisper
  • Options
    Ha ha ha...Been on holiday this week...mised out on another player!!

Come and play for me....We beat his lot easy!!
  • Options
    LOl, i've let you grab some, you're not having anymore !!
  • Options
    wish i was fit enough
  • Options
    Its that time of year again. Cricket season is well and truly over so I'm looking for a football team.

In previous years I've had a season ticket, so saturday football was a no no, but this year I am available.

So I'm looking for a saturday or sunday league team in the bexley/dartford/gravesend area that could use a 32yr old defender/centre mid. Even if the prospects of getting a start are currently slim, I'd still be interested, don't mind bench warming, what I really need at the moment is the midweek training.

Cheers
  • Options
    oh oh oh pick me pick me please!!!

I to also am interested in some football action of some sort....I use to play at a GK but could play anywhere I'm told to - but like Randy Andy posted the training is what I need and some fitness and would be avaliable to make the numbers on a SUNDAY morning if needed
  • Options
    ''Cricket season is well and truly over''

How dare you !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]''Cricket season is well and truly over''

How dare you !

Well it is for me, last league game was weekend before last :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't encourage him not to have a season ticket by offering Saturday football anyone, and only let him play sunday football if he produces a season ticket to prove he is not a good time Charlie who gave up supporting us only because Dowie left.
  • Options
    I cant play sats as i have a season ticket... :)
  • Options
    I would recommend AFKA's team, reffed them a few times (not enough for my liking) and have never had an iota of trouble so always a pleasure, never a chore. Also the Kent Suburban is one of the better Sunday leagues around but then again I would say that!
    A regards a Saturday team I would suggest looking at www.kentcountyleague.co.uk
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]I would recommend AFKA's team, reffed them a few times (not enough for my liking) and have never had an iota of trouble so always a pleasure, never a chore. Also the Kent Suburban is one of the better Sunday leagues around but then again I would say that!
    A regards a Saturday team I would suggest looking at www.kentcountyleague.co.uk

Problem with that is that Smudge has seen me play ;) Every year I hint, but have still only ever played one game for Albany, and they got absolutely stuffed (the fact that I got a phone call at 10am shows how desperate they were!)
  • Options
    I played for AFKAs team once as well. I put in a solid performance. Troubled their defenders. Got 2 assists and while I was on we were scored 3. Took me off and we let in 3. Yet I never got another call either!
  • Options
    Smudge, the Pardew of the Kent Suburban lol
  • Options
    I've played once for his side as well.......has he used more players in one season than Pardew ???

my (vets) sunday season starts this sunday, really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    A mate of mine runs AFC Greenwich, whisper me if interested
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]Smudge, the Pardew of the Kent Suburban lol

I have noticed he's been looking at my Mrs in a pest like manner...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I've played once for his side as well.......has he used more players in one season than Pardew ???

my (vets) sunday season starts this sunday, really looking forward to it.

Which Vet's team do you play for Eltham ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Belvedere Vets
  • Options
    WSS, Gumbo, Hillsy, Jayblock, Charlton Charlie, Oakster, Randy Andy, Eltham, Blackheath, Needapint, Borehamwood, Carling, Dave Storry, Charltonparklane, Sco and JohnboyUK have all dooned the famous Albany Rangers strip (currently the old Allsports red home one) over the years.

Redarmyse7 still does, sadly so does bobbolder..... :-)

I'd say i'm more a Gordon Strachan than a Pardew. Amusing, but always moaning. And short.
  • Options
    Seriously though mate, do you currently do mid-week training? I'm under no illusions that I'll instantly force my way into any team, but I really do need the regular training.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Belvedere Vets

Don't think we have ever played you guys, will have to check my fixture cards for last few seasons !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]

Don't think we have ever played you guys, will have to check my fixture cards for last few seasons !

who do you play for?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]

who do you play for?

LTSB Goalden Oldies
  • Options
    How old do you have to be to play vets?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    35 but generally allowed 2 players between 32-35 as a sort of 'unwritten rule'
  • Options
    Both ketman and Eltham are still fit enough and good enough to play in the normal Sat / Sunday Leagues, they just like it easy now....cheats!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsys Up[/cite]Both ketman and Eltham are still fit enough and good enough to play in the normal Sat / Sunday Leagues, they just like it easy now....cheats!!

maybe so, but my days of chasing people half my age round a football pitch are well and truely over...