Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    I’m thinking of reporting myself to childline and social services, my young sons first season ticket, what have I done?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I backed him a couple of months ago when we had only actually lost 2 or 3 games under him and said he needs to convert draws to wins. 

We've gone the opposite way and we need to sack him now and appoint someone before the end of January to be able to implement a system they want with a couple of players they want before the end of the window
    Unless they have someone lined up already I doubt anything will move that quick.
  • Options
    He should have been gone after Saturday, and even giving him until then would have been generous 
    Yep should have had a new manager in tonight 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    I don’t agree. He’s fucking shit, but he’s still a human being. 
    Couldn’t care less, he can be a human being unemployed thank you 
  • Options
    edited January 23
    Just a question. If we get say Michael Duff in who plays 3-5-2 are the results going to change? I know MA has been crap but same defensive issues every game it seems. 
  • Options
    The worst thing is, Appleton will get another job after this. 
    Hopefully very soon 
  • Options
    He’ll definitely be sacked now. 

I worry that it’s actually gone beyond that now, genuinely worried that this team doesn’t have it in them to keep us up regardless of who’s in charge. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just a question. If we get say Michael Diff in who plays 3-5-2 are the results going to change? I know MA has been crap but same defensive issues every game it seems. 
    It’s called coaching. 
  • Options
    We’re heading towards League 2 but we mustn’t dare hurt poor Voldemort’s feelings 😞😞😞
  • Options
    The worst thing is, Appleton will get another job after this. 
    Hopefully very soon 
    I hope he does, might make an opponent easier to beat.
  • Options
    Just a question. If we get say Michael Diff in who plays 3-5-2 are the results going to change? I know MA has been crap but same defensive issues every game it seems. 
    It’s called coaching. 
    Well yes, but are the players good enough, specifically Jones and the full backs? 
  • Options
    It reminds me of the season when we were struggling under Karl Robinson who would would not budge from his 4-2-3-1 formation. We then employ Bowyer as manager who opts for a Bob basic 4-4-2 and we all of a sudden start getting results! 

The only problem with this season is we don’t have proper full backs who are good enough!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Utter shite how he’s been allowed to even manage tonight.
  • Options
    edited January 23
    0 points from Burton and Northampton is truly pathetic. I've got no faith in Scott bringing in a decent replacement.
  • Options

Don’t torture me with the idea that something good could happen. 
  • Options
    Agree. Dont know how Andy gets off Scott free

• Options
    What’s his excuse today?
    Who gets the blame?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    He’ll definitely be sacked now. 

I worry that it’s actually gone beyond that now, genuinely worried that this team doesn’t have it in them to keep us up regardless of who’s in charge. 
    If someone that has a strong connection to the club comes in I believe we would stay up.