Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Throw away another season just for the sake of. Jesus wept 
    Seasons been long gone for months. 
    Presume you're of the same opinion as the incumbent ...

That even daring to mention relegation is pretty much a punishable offence.

Oh dear.
  • Options
    curbs
  • Options
    edited January 21

Mr 16/1...

...That's spooky @bertpalmer, thanks for the intro...👍
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    So Jackson was upto 47percent wins, the best out of that lot.
    From how I remember it he was given a rough ride on here by a lot of people.

Jackson went on just a terrible run as Appleton is currently with AFC Wimbledon. But they stuck with him and he seems to have improved performances.

I don’t think it was the wrong decision to get rid of JJ, after he was made full time manager we were utterly woeful. I think some just forget how bad we were then.

It was who we replaced him with which was the issue. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedRobin said:
    I just hope they’ve got Duff or someone similar lined up and this doesn’t go on for weeks. 
    Agreed. Get someone in ready to go tomorrow 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Jackson went on just a terrible run as Appleton is currently with AFC Wimbledon. But they stuck with him and he seems to have improved performances.

I don’t think it was the wrong decision to get rid of JJ, after he was made full time manager we were utterly woeful. I think some just forget how bad we were then.

Jackson’s worst run with us was a point from 7 games.

Appleton 11 without a win in all competitions 
  • Options
    What makes people think Michael Duff would be good? Serious failure at Swansea so not exactly “on the up”? 
  • Options
    Praying it’s true. Never have I felt so much dislike for a Charlton manager. Looked like he’d been after a pay out from day one. “Take yer hands out yer pocket” chant has to be one of the most politely insulting chants I’ve ever heard towards a manager. Very apt for the useless c**t.
  • Options
    edited January 21
    What makes people think Michael Duff would be good? Serious failure at Swansea so not exactly “on the up”? 
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67626321

Sounds familiar:

‘Seasoned Swansea watchers not only struggled to see that, they struggled to see what the game plan was from week to week. The consensus was there was no discernible feature of the team, nothing to make the side stand out or encourage hope.

Players were said to be equally unconvinced. When Swansea's stranglehold of the south Wales derby was broken by Cardiff in September, it is understood a senior group of players made it clear they disagreed with their manager's approach.’
  • Options
    That is the problem. Those that I would want probably won't be interested. Duff might work, might not. Maybe holding off for a few games might throw up a name that will be good. If Appleton does pick up a bit and somebody we can see is better, I would be all for sacking him, but at the moment I can see us getting a manager like him. I would probably go for Bowyer as this would be a fresh start for him but a new manager would have to want the players we are bringing in or it will be silly.

I was all for sacking Bowyer when we did because I knew he had lost the dressing room but I recall Bielik saying at Wembley that this was the best dressing room he had ever been involved with and maybe if we don't torment the bloke (Roland and ESI stand up) he can be the manager he was then. He is a Charlton man and unlike some of the names mentioned he has done it before.
    I remember that as well, although I’m not sure he’d been in that many dressing rooms, as he was pretty young, wasn’t he? 
    Incidentally, if Roland had accepted the £34m that was on the table at that time he’d be way better off than he is now. What’s he earned so far? 2 or 3 million quid plus Southall’s one Pound. Of course he still thinks The Valley is worth £50m, but as an asset we all know it really isn’t. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does Duff play 3-5-2, as that's what the new players seem to have been bought for?
    I don't know myself, thanks in advance for any answers.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Croydon said:

I said with Wimbledon bud.
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:
    Gribbo said:
    Rumour he's gone
    Thanks for the update mate
    Sorry if it's already mentioned mate. Didn't fancy wading through the previous 18 odd pages of whinging to have a look.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

The squad Jackson had to work with was shocking as well 
  • Options
    edited January 21
    JamesSeed said:
    I've been on the sauce since lunchtime and not been told anything.

Is there a WhatsApp group I can join?
    You could join my allotment WhatsApp group if you like? Some great tips on there. 
    Asparagus? 😂
    I’ve got four beds of Asparagus as it happens. No tips yet though. Pop along in April and I’ll sort you out. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Croydon said:

I said with Wimbledon bud.
    I know you did squire 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Gribbo said:
    Rumour he's gone
    Thanks for the update mate
    Sorry if it's already mentioned mate. Didn't fancy wading through the previous 18 odd pages of whinging to have a look.
    500 Lines....
    "I must pay more attention to all updates"...🤦‍♂️