Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• CafcWest said:
    Gribbo said:
    Rumour Harry Potter incoming
    As long as he brings his brother Graham with him...
    Nope - it'll be Ron Weasley and Hermione. We're entering a Quidditch tournament in the summer.
  • He might not have a clue about football formations but pictures from his press conference show he knows dick all about that either...

• Welcome to the mad house Michael.
    Hope you last longer than the previous bloke.
  • edited January 22
    Ed. Removed as could be taken out of context without knowing the back story 
  • Sponsored links:

• I want Marcelo bielsa as manager he would be great 
  • Gribbo said:
    Rumour Harry Potter incoming
    What a wizard idea 
  • edited January 22
    thenewbie said:
    For all the outrage and disappointment I have to say it's mostly self inflicted by the fans. None of the SMT or the comms team or "official" press people have said anything other than he's not fired... which he is not.

Whether or not he should be, it's been entirely on "ITKs" saying he's fired and with absolutely no official backing or even little hints or cryptic comments.

A lot of people look a bit daft right now and almost all of them bought it on themselves.
    A very good post
  • Foxycafc said:
    Just a rumour, but I’ve heard Appleton "coaches" children near Dartford and never actually goes to The Valley. And he’s the first to pipe up with his ignorant bile - kill Communists, hang out the St George's flag, and shoot anyone who talks to his disabled mother. He is an idiot.
    Forgot the CL wink 😉 

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2207252#Comment_2207252
  • Fighting fans wearing Stone Island !!!

Been there Michael, wore the t-shirt, and wrote the book, bring it on 😎😜
  • Croydon said:
    How many clubs in the 92 have a manager offering out their own fans 😂

Rumour he’s in Makro car park right now. Winner stays on. 
  • Judging by todays events if Appleton gets a win tomorrow evening, about 200 odd lifers will have to be put on suicide watch !
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 22
    Macronate said:
    After that interview, I am 200% behind MA.
    Say it to his face 
    How can I if I'm behind him?
  • meldrew66 said:
    He will be in charge tomorrow
    I did say.. he took training this AM as normal
    ....I'm being told that he DIDN'T take training today?!
    Whoever told you - don’t trust them again. 
  • So Appleton is saying he definitely took training this morning, others are suggesting (still) that he definitely didn’t. 

I think the club is in a tricky spot with some of his comments, he’s really not helped himself, and now the fans have turned I don’t see what benefit there is in giving him one more game. 
  • Been on an emergency care course all day, has it been announced yet?
  • So Appleton is saying he definitely took training this morning, others are suggesting (still) that he definitely didn’t. 

I think the club is in a tricky spot with some of his comments, he’s really not helped himself, and now the fans have turned I don’t see what benefit there is in giving him one more game. 
    Was wondering the same thing. Can't remember who the poster was without trawling back through 30 pages but they said they had a very reliable training ground contact who confirmed Fleming took training and Appleton definitely didn't.

I think it's fair to assume that the contact has no reason to lie and would've just said 'yes' if Appleton was there, so why has Appleton now been put in the position where he has to lie to the press?

All become a bit of a mess really.

What were the comments L0rd ? People on here said he didn't take training, he said he did, I can't comment, I wasn't there. What else have I missed something ?
  • Has anyone seen any personal abuse aimed at MA online? (Beyond the usual football stuff of "He's a twat" etc.)
  • se9addick said:
    So he's not been sacked and from those quotes he won't ever leave of his own accord. Smells of compensation hunting.

Wouldn’t you hold out for the payoff?
    No one would walk. It’d be an admission of failure (I know) and you’d be saying ‘no’ to a couple of hundred grand, or whatever. It’s not like he’s going to be walking into a job at this level anytime soon.
  • Seen a lot of posts blaming the club for the way it’s handled today … Fact is the club done nothing wrong today it’s been business as usual .. it’s social media that’s caused the problem … 
    They made you look more stupid than normal by saying that he'd gone.
    Did I … and no one else did ?