Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Pogba

Comments

• Options
    In the Will.I.Am sense ?
  • Options
    He really is a conundrum, so much talent but rarely shows it, other than his previous spell at Juve.  After a season out injured to now be facing a career ending ban is a proper poor end to his career if upheld.
  • Options
    Forgot he was even a thing, when's the last time he played a full 90 minutes of football? 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Forgot he was even a thing, when's the last time he played a full 90 minutes of football? 
    March 2022 at club level, not sure about France.
  • Options
    Yet another example of wasted talent and a flawed genius.

But then  where would the motivation be when you’ve got several hundred million in the bank

• Options
    Swisdom said:

But then  where would the motivation be when you’ve got several hundred million in the bank

Some clubs will offload someone who is likely not to pull in the right direction or even refuse to sign them in the first place. Guardiola and City have done that a number of times with the likes of Cancelo and Mendy offloaded. United, on the other hand, desperately wanted to keep Greenwood and spent time and money on a PR exercise to test the weight of opinion. In the end, they had no choice but to send him out on loan. 

With regards to Pogba, he is a bit like a serial adulterer and one where each future partner thinks that he will change. Aided an abetted by his family, he walked out on Le Havre it allegedly had a "non-solicitation agreement" with Pogba, which was agreed to by not only the player but also his parents in 2006. That was settled with United out of court.

At the end of the 2011-12 season, Alex Ferguson confirmed that Pogba had left the club after not signing a new contract and signed for Juventus "a long time ago as far as we're aware." Ferguson also accused Pogba of disrespecting Manchester United, saying, "It is disappointing. I don't think he -showed us any respect at all, to be honest. I'm quite happy that if they (footballers) carry on that way, they're probably better doing it away from us." So what did United next do? They re-signed him for £89.3m and a multi million contract. For what? 138 PL starts in six years. United, of course, weren't the only club to "re-marry" Pogba despite being once scorned. Juventus did so prior to last season. One Serie A start in 14 months for their money, injury, ill discipline and now a failed drug test.

There's no helping some people. Or the greed of some clubs either.  

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Wasted talent and huge amounts of money for the clubs paying his wages over the years. 
  • Options
    Be f**king hilarious if he was still at Man Utd given the amount of shitstorms they're already having to deal with of late.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well at least he can rightly claim it wasn't performance enhancing.
    I read that's exactly what it was - a performance enhancing drug.  What a silly billy 
  • Options
    One of the most unlikeable players of recent years.
  • Options
    Such a shame when people waste exceptional talent. With a different mindset, he would have been remembered as an all time great. When he looks at his bank balance he might not care but I wonder if he will come to regret missed opportunity in older age.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I could understand doping if you're shit, but if you're Paul Pogba? You've won the world cup mate. Why are you drugging yourself for a game against Udinese
  • Options
    I wonder what Graeme Souness's reaction was  :D
  • Options
    I wonder what Graeme Souness's reaction was  :D
    if the results of the second test are the same and he's banned it'll be an interesting read!!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Well at least he can rightly claim it wasn't performance enhancing.
    I read that's exactly what it was - a performance enhancing drug.  What a silly billy 
    I think that was a reference to the fact that the drug test was carried out after a game in which he was an unused substitute. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I could understand doping if you're shit, but if you're Paul Pogba? You've won the world cup mate. Why are you drugging yourself for a game against Udinese
    I know in baseball it's pretty common for players to take PEDs to recover faster from injury. Last I saw the theory was Pogba was popped for HGH. Despite growing up in the HGH era of baseball, my knowledge of steroids isn't great, but I don't think of HGH as being a common one for injury recovery, but I might be wrong. But that would be the most straightforward answer I could think of. 
  • Options
    Saudi Arabia will be waiting for him once he’s finished his ban. Mecca is now where old footballers go to die. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Banned for four years. Will be 34 by the time that ends. 
  • Options
    Banned for four years. Will be 34 by the time that ends. 
    He’ll never be back. 
  • Options
    Will probably get it reduced on appeal but if not i doubt we'd see him play again. 
  • Options
    Bet Mourinho is laughing.

Barely played last couple of years anyway hasn't he?

Interestingly he's got 2.5 years of his Juve contract yet - do they have to pay him?  I know people like Ferdinand and Ivan Toney were paid on their bans but then the clubs would have wanted to keep players on side as they still had value and were coming back.
  • Options
    Bet Mourinho is laughing.

Barely played last couple of years anyway hasn't he?

Interestingly he's got 2.5 years of his Juve contract yet - do they have to pay him?  I know people like Ferdinand and Ivan Toney were paid on their bans but then the clubs would have wanted to keep players on side as they still had value and were coming back.
    Most reports say Juventus will terminate his contract.
  • Options
    That man has made some ridiculous amounts of money without providing any real value for it.
  • Options
    I’m sure the ban will be significantly reduced on appeal 
  • Options
    Even if it’s reduced by half I can’t see him coming back into the game. Hes hardly played for two years already. Training for the next two or even the four years on his own even if he can be arsed will leave him aged either 32 or 34 and no levels of fitness. 
  • Options
    The party with the biggest egg on their faces is still, in my opinion, Man United. The guy walked out of them on a "free" but, like a spurned lover, they spent £90m to get him back and paid him massive wages for very little return. 
  • Options
    The party with the biggest egg on their faces is still, in my opinion, Man United. The guy walked out of them on a "free" but, like a spurned lover, they spent £90m to get him back and paid him massive wages for very little return. 
    And then he left on a free again, although they might have the last laugh on just that bit.