Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STEVENAGE AWAY TIPS - where to park ? Where to drink ? Where to eat ?

Please share your experience of being a Charlton fan away - with your suggestions of where’s best to park? drink? eat?  

Comments

• FairlandsValleyCarPark
    SG2 8RH

Free To park for 500 cars is the only suggested car park 🅿️ I’ve found - any others ? 

• We’re currently averaging our highest-ever attendance at The Lamex Stadium so far this season, so we’re encouraging supporters to purchase your tickets online & arrive early at the ground.

All tickets must be purchased before reaching the turnstiles either online or from the North Stand (Home).

• Food & Drink

The 76 Lounge

Open to home & away supporters from midday until kick-off, and during the game for those with a North Stand ticket.

The 76 Lounge will reopen again for both sets of supporters at full-time.

The Broadhall Suite

The Broadhall Suite is also open to both sets of supporters from midday until kick-off, with a variety of drinks to choose from as well as a hot food matchday menu.

Please note, The Broadhall Suite will be closed at full-time.

• Parking

Free parking is available across the A602 in Fairlands Valley car park. Please do not park in the nearby retail parks, on the grass verges or on residential streets.

There is no parking available at The Lamex Stadium without prior agreement.

The Lamex Stadium Map - September 2023 Updatepng

https://www.stevenagefc.com/news/2023/september/matchday-guide-charlton-athletic-stevenage-fc-football-club-sky-bet-league-one-efl-english-football-league/
  • edited September 2023
    Don't park at say the M & S as its only for 90mins on match days. Fairlands car park (stated above) is free but small. There are residential streets not to far from the ground you could park in. 

I parked quite far off from the ground when I went there, closer to the Old high street. Which is at the other end of town. Purely cos I thought that older area of Stevenage would be alright... It's not but at least its more appealing than the Shopping centre/retail parks that make the new centre of town.
    It's got the majority of the pubs in Stevenage mostly average pubs including a spoons. Think I got a taxi to the ground and back. Then headed home straight after. 

• If you're going by train early for pre-match beers, I'd hop off at Hertford, which is a really nice old county town. There are some cracking pubs, including the Old Cross Tavern for real ale and a number of others with very good beer gardens. It's then only about 12 minutes on the train from Hertford to Stevenage - from memory, we just broke our journey en route to the latter. 
  • edited September 2023
    Went in the Broadhall suite last season and it of decent size so if you get there early enough you should get a seat. However, remember taking ages to get served in there prior to the game. Imagine due to the lack of stuff near the ground it will be very busy from 2 onwards.
  • There are some nice pubs around the old town in Stevenage.
  • Went in the Broadhall suite last season and it of decent size so if you get there early enough you should get a seat. However, remember taking ages to get served in there prior to the game. Imagine due to the lack of stuff near the ground it will be very busy from 2 onwards.
    Perfect, will feel like crossbars then 
  • There was a Spoons 2 minutes walk from the station, leave by 2.30 and you'll make the game.
  • If on the slower train that stops at Knebworth (10 mins slower than LNER KX to Stevenage), the Station Pub is decent, has lots of good beer choice and does food. It's then a 5 min cab to the ground. Four of us are doing that. 

There are pubs near to the ground, a modern Toby Carvery 'The Old Forge, its a 5 minute walk as is The Roebuck, a 14C Coaching Inn both are south of the ground. 

• Sponsored links:

• There was a Spoons 2 minutes walk from the station, leave by 2.30 and you'll make the game.
    I'm pretty sure that shut down. 
  • I am going to the old Stevenage town area, opposite direction to the ground but has bus service that goes in the right direction for the match.

Looks like It has a spoons and another pub I want to visit called The Old Town Bar run by McMullens Brewery, I lived in Stevenage until I was nearly 10 before moving to Sussex.

The Old Town Bar was then called the Two Diamonds and it was my dads local, so I would like to go there for a drink.

He told me it was a great pub, mind you he last drank in there in 1979.
  • The old town which has a Spoons (The Standing Order) and other pubs is decent. It's 15 to 20 minutes walk from the station though and in the opposite direction to the ground, so be prepared for a 2 mile walk to the ground, or take a bus.
    Correct, it closed a couple of years ago
    The spoons in the new town shut down during pandemic it was called the ‘The Standard Bearer’

The old town has another branch called ‘The Standing Order’, bit further away but open, previously a bank. 

Wetherspoons app is allowing me to order as if I was in it. 
  • sholland said:
    There was a Spoons 2 minutes walk from the station, leave by 2.30 and you'll make the game.
    The spoons in the new town shut down during pandemic it was called the ‘The Standard Bearer’

The old town has another branch called ‘The Standing Order’, bit further away but open, previously a bank. 

Wetherspoons app is allowing me to order as if I was in it. 
    The old man sitting at Table 11 will be surprised when a round of drinks and two burgers are delivered to him!
  • On an awayday is it acceptable to have a fry up and a pint ? 
  • edited September 2023
    The old town is a fair bit away but has some good pubs and free on street parking for up to 2.5 hours. There is a shopping centre very close to the ground called 9 yards (used to be called Roaring Meg). There is a massive M&S there which has a cafe. In the same centre there is a Burger King and a brand new Nandos which replaced the Pizza Hut some might remember.

There is also another centre not far away which has a five guys (I think), an american diner, Ask etc...It has a bowling alley and cinema and has a lot of food variety inclluding a KFC and McDonalds. It is near the station and easily accessable from it. If you are coming by train, as you come up the stairs from the platform go right instead of left, which is the way to the ground. In the new town there are car parks you can pay for which are not too far away.
  • On an awayday is it acceptable to have a fry up and a pint ? 
     its actually unacceptable to be on an away day and NOT have a fry up and a pint. 

a pint of tea that is. 

followed up with several pints of beer. 

all served with lashings of Brown sauce. Luvly. 
  • The old town is a fair bit away but has some good pubs and free on street parking for up to 2.5 hours. There is a shopping centre very close to the ground called 9 yards (used to be called Roaring Meg). There is a massive M&S there which has a cafe. In the same centre there is a Burger King and a brand new Nandos which replaced the Pizza Hut some might remember.

There is also another centre not far away which has a five guys (I think), an american diner, Ask etc...It has a bowling alley and cinema and has a lot of food variety inclluding a KFC and McDonalds. It is near the station and easily accessable from it. If you are coming by train, as you come up the stairs from the platform go right instead of left, which is the way to the ground. In the new town there are car parks you can pay for which are not too far away.
    2 double cheeseburgers, 9 nuggets and a large fries please 
  • Sponsored links:

• Any charlton fans at the ground ? Just got to Broadhall suite, only addicks here atm.
  • There are 2 fairlands Valley car parks... ones a 25 min walk. Aim.for the ground and you see signs for the one that's right nect to it