Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm on an AEC Regent III RT

edited September 2023 in Not Sports Related

https://www.londonbusmuseum.com/route-38-heritage-event/

The best bit is, I didn't even know about it, was just trying to get from Victoria to an event in Soho then this turns up

Comments

• Options
    NSFW FFS!!
  • Options

It isn't JUST a bus. Here's the one I was on, with one of the awful Heatherwick pretenders in the background 
  • Options
    https://www.heritageopendays.org.uk/visiting/event/london-bus-route-38-victoria-and-hackney-heritage-buses

Part of this event.  Open House events are happening this weekend too

And that's not a Routemaster, it's an RT type, so even older
  • Options
    Oh the memories of the wonderful Routemaster...being able to jump on and off at will, hopefully before the conductor had a chance to get your fare...🙄
  • Options
    fings aint wot they used 2 be
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A dire threat 
  • Options
    Sorry, but this is what I tug off to

• Options
    Oh the memories of the wonderful Routemaster...being able to jump on and off at will, hopefully before the conductor had a chance to get your fare...🙄
    Of course, we never even got Routemasters out Eltham way, for some reason. Probably the same reason we never got a Tube line.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

https://www.londonbusmuseum.com/route-38-heritage-event/

The best bit is, I didn't even know about it, was just trying to get from Victoria to an event in Soho then this turns up
    looks like a routemaster

(joking)
  • Options
    Ahh smoking on the top deck of a bus.
     Nearly as good as having your own private booth on a train to smoke in. I really thought after Brexit we could of brought that back in. Plus the seats were more comfortable. 
  • Options
    Spotted some (original) Routemasters at large on the 38 route going the other way, so clearly they're out and about too. Just happen to have landed myself with two RTs. Not complaining; I've been on original Routemasters before in my youth! 
  • Options
    When I worked in Kensington they operated Routemasters on a heritage version of the 9 until 2014. Quite a nice way of getting into town, especially as a lot of people didn't realise that this was a normal TfL service.
  • Options
    When I worked in Kensington they operated Routemasters on a heritage version of the 9 until 2014. Quite a nice way of getting into town, especially as a lot of people didn't realise that this was a normal TfL service.
    Yes, I recall! But the ones I got were to get to school between 1997 and 2000, back when they were a bit more prevalent... 
  • Options
    The one good thing about the Borismasters was the open platform. But as they required an extra member of staff to stand next to it, Sadiq closed it when he took charge.
  • Options
    Not a train, very disappointing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of course, we never even got Routemasters out Eltham way, for some reason. Probably the same reason we never got a Tube line.
    Happy to be corrected - but I think the reason there is no tube to SE London is because of the soil composition 
  • Options
    Happy to be corrected - but I think the reason there is no tube to SE London is because of the soil composition 
    Soil composition is an excuse, they didn't want to build it. No difference between most of East London and SE London for soil. 

As for routemasters in Eltham, pretty sure the 21 used to run as one back in the 80s/early 90s from Sidcup via Lewisham and the Old Kent Rd and that would have gone through Eltham. And pretty sure the 122 was a routemaster for a bit in the late 70s. 
  • Options
    The 21 London Bridge to Sidcup was a definitely a RM (this thread is soooo Charlton)
  • Options
    The Number 89 as well...

• Options
    rananegra said:
    Soil composition is an excuse, they didn't want to build it. No difference between most of East London and SE London for soil. 

As for routemasters in Eltham, pretty sure the 21 used to run as one back in the 80s/early 90s from Sidcup via Lewisham and the Old Kent Rd and that would have gone through Eltham. And pretty sure the 122 was a routemaster for a bit in the late 70s. 
    Growing up in the 70s and 80s I got either the 21 or 122 to school. Both were routemasters then so can only assume they would have been from the outset.
  • Options
    The Number 89 as well...

I think he's lost.

• Options
    edited September 2023
    The Number 89 as well...

That’s not a Routemaster.

Great photo, mind.
  • Options
    The Number 89 as well...

Great photo, mind.

• Options
    Sadly, I now know the difference between an RM and an RT.
  • Options
    The Number 89 as well...

Great photo, mind.

Where's the row of delivery bikes outside Maccy Ds?