Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FD 30 fire doors (Front doors)

Do we have any fitters who can fit and certify?

Comments

• Options
    BM Trada certified? I know companies that do this but generally on entire blocks rather than just one door

ill message them tomorrow
  • Options
    If you could please.
    It's for up to 30 doors so would be worth it for a reputable company.
  • Options
    If you could please.
    I'll pm you.
  • Options
    If you could please.
    I'll pm you.
    Cheers 
  • Options
    If you could please.
    I'll pm you.
    Cheers 
    Just sent it.
  • Options
    @Baldybonce I can help, are these timber or steel hinge doors?

• Options
    Gumbo said:
    @Baldybonce I can help, are these timber or steel hinge doors?

Timber for the front door of flats.
  • Options
    If you want to send the information to kevin@arkas.co.uk 

• Options
    Gumbo said:
    If you want to send the information to kevin@arkas.co.uk 

Thanks very much 👍
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited September 2023
    I can supply via Howdens and recommend some fitters as well (depending on location)
    Sale on as well atm 😎
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To achieve the right seal for a block of flats it should be the door and frame as a unit.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    To achieve the right seal for a block of flats it should be the door and frame as a unit.
    That's right. It's getting someone to actually do it is proving to be the hard part.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    I can supply via Howdens and recommend some fitters as well (depending on location)
    Sale on as well atm 😎
    Pm incoming.
  • Options
    I live in a block of 6 flats. We have been quoted £864 per fire door including extras such as night latch, thumb turn dead lock. Does anyone know if that's a reasonable price? Bad news for me as I am planning on moving house in the next year.
  • Options
    I live in a block of 6 flats. We have been quoted £864 per fire door including extras such as night latch, thumb turn dead lock. Does anyone know if that's a reasonable price? Bad news for me as I am planning on moving house in the next year.
    Is that just the door and frame, not including fitting?
  • Options
    Fitting is included.
  • Options
    Fitting is included.
    For supply and fit by a certified fitter we've been quoted from £2k plus vat to £2.5k.

• Options
    Fitting is included.
    For supply and fit by a certified fitter we've been quoted from £2k plus vat to £2.5k.

For how many doors?
  • Options
    Fitting is included.

For how many doors?
    Each door.
  • Options
    I had an FD30 fire door fitted in 2017 at a cost of £1300, inclusive of VAT and fitting.  Made from Composite, i.e. looks like wood but isn't. That's for a single door as the point of access to my flat, (not the communal front door or communal corridor fire doors). I expect that's gone up a couple £100 now but captainbob's seems too low and Baldybonce's too high so far.  

Ball-ache it was. getting the spec right then paying the freeholder for permission to upgrade my door under the rule in the lease of keeping it to the same design and colour. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Low. Does that include fire resisting hinges, letter box, spy holes, new linings and smoke seals. £2k is a fair price
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback. And here I was, thinking I was being quoted too high a figure!
  • Options
    Fitting is included.

Tender prices for the scheme I mentioned in our DM was £1,900 and that was a year ago. The average price from all tenders was around £2,300
  • Options
    Absolute rip off.
    Contact Homeguard Lock Service in Downham and say Gary who used to work at ME Duffell recommended.
    If you need anymore help pm me mate.
  • Options
    Absolute rip off.
    Contact Homeguard Lock Service in Downham and say Gary who used to work at ME Duffell recommended.
    Thanks...but your profile is a private one so I can't message you.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Absolute rip off.
    Thanks...but your profile is a private one so I can't message you.
    I'll pm you, I am receiving messages.
    Have just pm'd you.