Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ajax idiots

Such typical "big club" entitlement. I realise - as the article says - it has implications for other clubs who are blameless for the situation, but I somehow think Ajax are not really that concerned about Volendam or any other clubs or their supporters...   

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66916168?fbclid=IwAR3x-mDJCw1GTf2wIuVMNrfqcR7fX72BFDds55k8YWbzGykPN3_XPhMLVIE

Comments

• Options
    Dutch Millwall.
  • Options
    No one like them...for sure.
  • Options
    and Dutch old bill dishing out the baton medicine ,, if that happened over here ??
  • Options
    Was talking to my Dutch friend about this, what’s absolutely mental is the rules seem to almost encourage this behaviour. 
  • Options
    Just make them play B.C.D all season, with a TV blackout. The "fans" will soon learn
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Ajax v Feyenoord is one of those games that doesn’t get mentioned as much when that discussion comes up about ‘the most tense’ derbies in world football. 

But it really is something else. Nothing but pure hatred for each other. Away fans banned for the last 14 years, and I believe there was a murder before a game during the 90s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Absolutely insane to not just announce 3-0 as final score
    I was talking to a Dutch mate (Feynoord) as it was happening. His take on it was that it if they didn't play the second half behind closed doors (which he knew would be the case) then it should be awarded to Feyenoord 6-0 as they were already three goals to the good. I could understand his point, if Ajax were that bad on the day, who knows what might happen (of course they could stage the mother of all comebacks too...). It might also affect others come the end of the season.       
  • Options
    We went to Ajax when in Amsterdam.
    Their supporters really are a strange breed.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Absolutely insane to not just announce 3-0 as final score
    I was talking to a Dutch mate (Feynoord) as it was happening. His take on it was that it if they didn't play the second half behind closed doors (which he knew would be the case) then it should be awarded to Feyenoord 6-0 as they were already three goals to the good. I could understand his point, if Ajax were that bad on the day, who knows what might happen (of course they could stage the mother of all comebacks too...). It might also affect others come the end of the season.       
    That is also insane lol
  • Options
    This followed new protocols in The Netherlands - set after Feyenoord fans did exactly the same earlier this year
    KNVB cup semi-final suspended after Ajax player hit by object from crowd - DutchNews.nl

The Breda v Willem (Tilburg) derby also got abandoned under the same grounds and they re-convened for a short kickabout.

https://netherlands.postsen.com/news/168975/Abandoned-duel-between-NAC-and-Willem-II-will-be-played-without-an-audience--Football.html

Dutch fans just seem to love chucking stuff.
  • Options
    Hooligans and Dutch football go hand in hand and has done for years.
    It has for a number of years been the KNVB case if match is stopped and not restarted that the remaining minutes of match get played out normally the following week. In this case it is not the first match this season to have been played out behind closed doors.

Stewards and police must know the trouble makers plus of course the club.

Totally unfair on Volendam and there supporters.

Ajax should be heavily fined but this will not be the case and very little punishment will be taken over this. AJAX is too big half the country support this club.

What should happen is total ban on fireflares and fireworks entering the ground and points reduction , but this will not be the case.
    It is also common practice in Holland to drink alcohol while sitting in you seat watching match.

Many games already this season have been stopped and teams taken off pitch due to plastic beer glasses being thrown and then restarted.

Big Problem yes and the fans know it.
  • Options
    Seen flares in North Stand last season, some got lodged in the steelwork above the fans. Wycombe chucked a blue one on the pitch last game. If you sit in a stand near someone who does this it your duty ,responsibility to yourself, family and friends and club to report them  to stewards. Got to be stamped out and these people banned.
    No problem if fans believe flares add to the atmosphere light your flare then hold it until it fizzles out, fans throw them because they don't want to get spotted that's hardly standing by your beliefs.
    Then when you get nicked explain to the club/police/courts your reasoning, don't sling the fecking thing causing damage to the pitch or worse lands on some poor unsuspecting sod and burns them.
    Personally, I think they look good but wouldn't like to be nearby when one was set off and like taking my pint to my seat its not allowed so we accept or face any consequences, as for Flares in The Covered End you should've seen the b*stards I was wearing in the 70s with 24' bottoms. ;)

• Options
    Hooligans and Dutch football go hand in hand and has done for years.
    It has for a number of years been the KNVB case if match is stopped and not restarted that the remaining minutes of match get played out normally the following week. In this case it is not the first match this season to have been played out behind closed doors.

Stewards and police must know the trouble makers plus of course the club.

Totally unfair on Volendam and there supporters.

Ajax should be heavily fined but this will not be the case and very little punishment will be taken over this. AJAX is too big half the country support this club.

What should happen is total ban on fireflares and fireworks entering the ground and points reduction , but this will not be the case.
    It is also common practice in Holland to drink alcohol while sitting in you seat watching match.

Many games already this season have been stopped and teams taken off pitch due to plastic beer glasses being thrown and then restarted.

Big Problem yes and the fans know it.
    Look at AZ fans v West ham last season. UEFA gave them a 68k fine for that. Big deal, as if the fans will give a shit.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    As for Ajax though, their statement is bizarre.

"The competition and cup program is now being adjusted by the KNVB for four clubs due to the completion of an abandoned match. Not only the clubs, but also the supporters are victims of this," 

At what during writing that statement did they forget it was actually the fault of their own supporters? At least they've finally seen sense and have decided to accept the new fixture arrangements.
  • Options
    Dutch Millwall.
    Thought that was Den Haag.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    I've always had a soft spot for Ajax. The 'Golden Generation' team that won the Champions League in '95 was unreal. Van Der Sar. Frank & Ronald De Boar, Reizegar, Edgar Davids, Litmanen, Overmars, Kanu, Kluivert. And Louis van Gaal at the helm. Loved watching them. 

Arguably the greatest single generation of youth talent to emerge at a side? 
    Definitely in my lifetime. No wonder Sonny Pike was interested!

Dutch fans are pretty mental from my experience.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Seen flares in North Stand last season, some got lodged in the steelwork above the fans. Wycombe chucked a blue one on the pitch last game. If you sit in a stand near someone who does this it your duty ,responsibility to yourself, family and friends and club to report them  to stewards. Got to be stamped out and these people banned.
    No problem if fans believe flares add to the atmosphere light your flare then hold it until it fizzles out, fans throw them because they don't want to get spotted that's hardly standing by your beliefs.
    Then when you get nicked explain to the club/police/courts your reasoning, don't sling the fecking thing causing damage to the pitch or worse lands on some poor unsuspecting sod and burns them.
    Personally, I think they look good but wouldn't like to be nearby when one was set off and like taking my pint to my seat its not allowed so we accept or face any consequences, as for Flares in The Covered End you should've seen the b*stards I was wearing in the 70s with 24' bottoms. ;)

There are families/young children in most of the stands, you are endangering them.Plus setting a bad example to impressionable young men who in teenage years are  hard wired to try and "impress" their mates. That means they do thoughtless dangerous/idiotic things.

Finally its bad news for the club, the last thing they need (least important compared to personal safety)

As for  jokes on flares...
  • Options
    Dutch Millwall.
    Thought that was Den Haag.
    Correct
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

There are families/young children in most of the stands, you are endangering them.Plus setting a bad example to impressionable young men who in teenage years are  hard wired to try and "impress" their mates. That means they do thoughtless dangerous/idiotic things.

Finally its bad news for the club, the last thing they need (least important compared to personal safety)

As for  jokes on flares...
    I think you may have misunderstood, I wasn't condoning the action, far from it.

• Options
    Crazy, award the game to Feyenoord and give a 10 point deduction to Ajax (suspended) for an agreed time if this happens again.
  • Options
    I went to the Feyenoord ground in the early 1970s (not sure if they have a new stadium) .. was surprised to see fences and a moat surrounding the playing area .. this allied to clothes shops where every single valuable garment was on a long chain to prevent nicking ,, said to my Dutch friend 'I thought the Dutch were very law abiding' , he replied 'only when we are forced to be'
    Also went to an Alice Cooper concert in Rotterdam, on exiting we were funnelled through a corridor comprising cops in full riot gear with their armoured vehicles nearby .. fuck about they do not
  • Options
    Must have been something in the air over the Continent this weekend. It was the Slavia-Sparta derby too, and it kicked off in a way you rarely see out here, even if this is the fixture most likely to. The ref completely lost control, in the highlights I saw at least three red card tackles that only got yellows. Slavia went one up early doors, but by late second half the place was at boiling point. The two captains had an almighty scrap and both got reds, as did one of the coaching staff from each side. 

But the best bit came right at the end, a VAR classic. (here it works on the system of a voice in the ref's earpiece inviting him to go check the monitor). It's 98 minutes, Sparta, still a goal down, attack a well-defended box, a low cross is diverted off a part of a Slavia player's anatomy (on TV I still can't tell which), big appeals for handball are ignored. Slavia break perfectly, Czech teams are so good at it, and bang, it's 2-0. Except it's not. The ref has heard the voice in his ear, and after checking the monitor, pretends the Slavia goal never happened and gives Sparta the penalty. Their red-carded captain is the usual pen taker, but their Slovak forward Lukas Haraslin, fair play, absolutely smashes a perfect pen into the corner. Cue wild celebrations in the visiting section. Well sort of..there are only 500 or so of them, the self -styled "ultras", and inexplicably their response is to start smashing the seats and chucking them into the next Slavia section, which is a bit pathetic as it's a pretty mixed section, like East Stand block A,  all the Slavia "ultras" are up the other end. The Sparta players have to go over to them and are clearly shouting "wtf are you doing?". That's the weirdest thing. I've been to this derby, and there will have been about 3,000 Sparta fans all around most of the stadium, wearing colours, mixing with home fans, many of them mates. Like, allegedly, Charlton-Millwall in the 50s. The reaction of most of these fans, and the football media, is mainly embarrassment, both at their "ultras" and the complete lack of football in a derby between the 1 and 2 placed clubs. I think it's hilarious. 
  • Options
    What does Stcheeve McLaren say?
  • Options
    Game restarted 13-00 .  
    35 minute’s remaining and in 59th minute Feyenoord go 4-0 up.
  • Options
    Pretty crazy that Ajax are now sat 14th in an 18 team league.

They've dropped 10 points in just 5 games. 3 years ago under Ten Hag they only dropped 14 points in the entire season.

They've also just sacked their director of football but (for now) the manager still remains.