Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday - Owner to stop funding club

Comments

• Options
    Sounded more like a threat than a promise. 
  • Options
    Bottom line here is that there’s zero chance of Sheffield Wednesday being liquidated. Administration yes possibly, relegation possibly, points deduction possibly, lean times possibly but just like all football clubs in jeopardy they will be saved until the next time. This is a manifestation of the sickness pervading English football. Too much money swilling about in football and not enough of it down the pyramid where it’s desperately needed. I do feel sorry for the fans because it’s not their fault and they’re mostly helpless but Wednesday fans are amongst the most entitled and obnoxious I’ve come across. On that basis alone I’ll allow myself some pleasure watching them squirm. 
  • Options
    You really need a thick skin to be an owner.....saying that some supporters are deluded thinking the owners throw more money at the club and their sense of entitlement.....I would have a hard time funding a club and then abuse is thrown at me and my family.......
  • Options
    Lyle Taylor on trial at Wednesday 
  • Options
    Their owner is a lunatic but he has pumped an absolute fortune into them, now his money (or the amount he is willing to waste) is gone they moan he won't spend anything.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    some silly comments here, we are all football fans, they have some idiots but so do we...
    Yes but they have a lot lot more than us.
  • Options
    Administration here they come.
    Don't worry there'll be some special rule brought in to save those cnuts, the FA after all is an Old Cnuts Network!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not the best of starts for them tonight either.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Just got even better, forgot Burstow (we got a mention) was playing on loan @ Sunderland now, although he didnt score.
  • Options
    Another statement coming soon blaming the fans for this performance 😉
  • Options
    Now 3 0 down after half an hour 
  • Options
    And Wednesday fans leaving in droves 
  • Options
    Loving this 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    and I have had a bet on this game for both games to score. Jesus. At least I have only lost a £1
  • Options
    Brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got even better, forgot Burstow (we got a mention) was playing on loan @ Sunderland now, although he didnt score.
    But he has got an assist
  • Options
    I am Honestly trying to sympathise with the Wednesday Fans.

Just can't. Sorry.
    I sympathise with your view, TAT!
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I’d forgotten that he had even had his name put on the seats, bet the fans love that!

Can you imagine if we’d had Roland’s name put in each stand, we’d have no seats left!