Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can anyone recognise this bike?

Sorry, guys, it’s not a train to identify but a pal of mine wonders if anyone can recognise the make/model of this bike. He writes: The only bike I can recall with a flat headlamp cowling like that was the Ariel Leader, but that had a fully enclosed engine with an integral fairing and windshield. Any experts out there? The bike was seen in Chantaburi in Thailand.

Comments

• Options
    The headlight housing is typical of an MZ - perhaps a Trophy.
  • Options
    It does look a bit like an MZ cylinder; other than that, something ‘60s Japanese?
  • Options
    https://www.catawiki.com/en/l/26687361-mz-es-150-1-trophy-150-cc-1970

As Bob said above, although I don't know if the "/1" at the end makes a difference... 
  • Options
    Better on a Lambretta
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone. I'm clueless about this sort of stuff, but an MZ seems to be the favoured choice.
  • Options
    I think it’s Japanese…..maybe an Itchyfanny?
  • Options
    I don't know anything about bikes, but there is a very entertaining documentary about Ernst Degner who rode for MZ available on Sky documentaries.  It's called Missile from the East.  

Degner defected from East Germany in 1961 taking with him the highly successful tuning techniques of MZ to Suzuki.  He then gained Suzuki's  first Grand Prix win the following year using the best of MZ's tech.
  • Options
    Sorry, guys, it’s not a train to identify but a pal of mine wonders if anyone can recognise the make/model of this bike. He writes: The only bike I can recall with a flat headlamp cowling like that was the Ariel Leader, but that had a fully enclosed engine with an integral fairing and windshield. Any experts out there? The bike was seen in Chantaburi in Thailand.

I don't know the make or model, but it's great to see electric bikes becoming popular
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it’s Japanese…..maybe an Itchyfanny?
    Welcome back mate.