Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Work experience

Apologies if this is on the wrong thread.
My son is in his third year of his degree in sports business and management. As part of his dissertation he needs to complete 80 hours of voluntary work. He is desperate to do this within a football club setting, or similar.
I have no real contacts in this area so would be hugely appreciative if anyone could suggest who to get in touch with at a club or who has a link to anyone who could advise.
Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Might not be "sexy", but there maybe some local non league teams to you that could really benefit  (and be able to quantify that benefit) from some voluntary help? Good luck to your son 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Not really an answer a bit thinking out loud.

Depending on where you live it might be difficult to find a football club that would prepared to take him and be anything like a 7 day a week operation.

There are 1000s of golf clubs and cricket clubs that to one extent or another run 365 days a year.

Might not be as glamorous and there might, especially at a smaller cricket club be a bit of quib pro quo but it would be relevant.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    @sirjohnhumphrey Whereabouts geographically is his preference?
  • Options
    He has to fit it in alongside his studies so would be maybe a 2 days a week for five weeks kind of arrangement.
    Thanks for the advice so far.
  • Options
    If he’s free at weekends or Tuesday nights and has any interest in video production I’d take him on for a bit. I don’t run a football club but he’d be working very close to one. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Bumping this in case it was missed.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Any connections oop t'north? 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Any connections oop t'north? 

Yes - and around the country.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Thanks very much. Have sent you a message.