Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Australia - KO @ 7:45pm - C4

Comments

• Options
    This isn't just an England football team. It's an M&S football team.
  • Options
    Damn. Half the bets I have done on are on players on the subs bench. I hope Gallagher scores as I have hin as 1st goalscorer.
  • Options
    I'm at the game. Luckily daughter wasn't banking on one of the big stars! She's alright clocked that I don't rate Jordan Henderson. Hoping Gallagher does well. Female ref. Raining. Follow me for the interesting updates 
  • Options
    Unbelievable that Southgate has picked Henderson over the best young player in the world!!

Same old tierd faces what's Maguire done to get picked...

Oh it's a meaningless friendly but someone had to get outraged at Southgate holding us back so thought I would get in first.

I totally agree that Henderson and Maguire need to be "jogged on" but I don't think an 18 month cycle is the right time to do it.  Especially when Sterling, Gomez, Ali, Lindgard, Sancho et all dropped off the face of a cliff.

• Options

Not very hard to work out what the lineup will be for the Italy qualifier in midweek then.
  • Options
    Oh no, we’ve got Dion Dublin again! Might turn the commentary off!
  • Options
    Why not blow up before the corner rather than immediately after they kick the ball.
  • Options
    You know when I said Greg shouldn't try and do "colour" when Tel is "lead" commentator.

I take it back, Dublin is even worse! 
  • Options
    All quite good fun. Some sloppy finishing away from a multi goal thriller. Hoping for some decent players on in the second half.

Highlight so far was the "fight", I love seen more full bodied contact in a line dancing class
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be honest with you, Gallagher is very lucky to be still on the pitch. The 1st one he caught the player on the foot and should have got a yellow card, but lucky the ref didn't see it like that and actually gave us a free kick and then the 2nd lunge was awful. Thank god there is no VAR in this game and I want Gallagher to score first or at least score. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    To be honest with you, Gallagher is very lucky to be still on the pitch. The 1st one he caught the player on the foot and should have got a yellow card, but lucky the ref didn't see it like that and actually gave us a free kick and then the 2nd lunge was awful. Thank god there is no VAR in this game and I want Gallagher to score first or at least score. 
    Just saw those 2 challenges. Both "bad" yellows too...

He'll probably pick up a second yellow for kicking the ball away 1 yard now!
  • Options
    Lovely timed run from Watkins, thought he could have been offside at first, not a chance.
  • Options
    Lovely timed run from Watkins, thought he could have been offside at first, not a chance.
    And the Grealish shot/cross wasn't going in
  • Options
    Henderson booed off...
  • Options
    This has been very dull
  • Options
    Bit boring this!
  • Options
    Attendance given as 81k. Looks a Lot of empty seats. Are they like CAFC and count membership holders.
  • Options
    Nketia is shit. 
  • Options
    I’m sure the Australian’s won’t be too disappointed to lose this, after all they’ve still got the world cups in their main sports Rugby and Cricket … oh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Attendance given as 81k. Looks a Lot of empty seats. Are they like CAFC and count membership holders.
    Was at the game. Loads of spare seats near me in the ‘home end’ section.
  • Options
    Alexander Arnold looked good when he moved into midfield, foden and rashford lively. Grealish was pony
  • Options
    Henderson booed off...
    I know it’s not why he’s being booed, but seriously, what he’s still doing in the squad is beyond me. He was still a useful option a year or so ago if used sparingly, but he’s a waste of a spot now.
    Now he’s playing in a pub league that’s bought up all the players on their way to the knackers yard, he’s a year older and a year slower. What’s the point in keeping a young hungry player out of the squad to accomodate a man whose best years are behind him?
    Is Henderson going to start games in the Euros?  No, almost certainly not.

The spot he takes up is almost certainly the Jemain Jenes spot.  It's a 6 (ish) game tournament.  If they take, say Gallagher, instead neither of them are going to get many minutes, if any.

The time to drop the older players was straight after the last World Cup, once you didn't do that you had to take, most of, them to the Euros.  Southgate didn't know that Henderson was going to leave Liverpool six months later.

Henderson, absolutely, doesn't get in the team.  Henderson, absolutely, deserves a place in the squad.

He is probably the best "captain" England have had since Tony Adams.  That is very different to the best player that has been captain, which he is no where near.
  • Options
    Not one that will live long in the memory. Highlight was catching up with a mate from Hawaii who I met at the World Cup in Qatar. We did an interview on Charlton TV together last season.

Also walked past Dean Holden and his two lads outside the stadium. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Henderson booed off...
    I know it’s not why he’s being booed, but seriously, what he’s still doing in the squad is beyond me. He was still a useful option a year or so ago if used sparingly, but he’s a waste of a spot now.
    Now he’s playing in a pub league that’s bought up all the players on their way to the knackers yard, he’s a year older and a year slower. What’s the point in keeping a young hungry player out of the squad to accomodate a man whose best years are behind him?

The spot he takes up is almost certainly the Jemain Jenes spot.  It's a 6 (ish) game tournament.  If they take, say Gallagher, instead neither of them are going to get many minutes, if any.

The time to drop the older players was straight after the last World Cup, once you didn't do that you had to take, most of, them to the Euros.  Southgate didn't know that Henderson was going to leave Liverpool six months later.

Henderson, absolutely, doesn't get in the team.  Henderson, absolutely, deserves a place in the squad.

He is probably the best "captain" England have had since Tony Adams.  That is very different to the best player that has been captain, which he is no where near.
    Henderson doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near the squad anymore, he might have been a great captain but he’s a busted flush now.

The fact his replacement might not get many minutes is irrelevant, hopefully they will in the future, that’s what you look towards, not just the next tournament.

Im a big fan of Southgate and think he should absolutely be in charge, but picking Henderson and Maguire over and over is a joke. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Henderson booed off...

Henderson doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near the squad anymore, he might have been a great captain but he’s a busted flush now.

The fact his replacement might not get many minutes is irrelevant, hopefully they will in the future, that’s what you look towards, not just the next tournament.

Im a big fan of Southgate and think he should absolutely be in charge, but picking Henderson and Maguire over and over is a joke. 
    Southgate did a great job of steadying the ship and I know I will get shouted at “look at his record” etc etc but the players at his disposal have achieved that despite of him imo. He just doesn’t have a winning mentality with a top manager England would have won 2 major tournaments which Southgate lost by losing his bottle and will keep doing it I’m afraid. Such a shame to see a great generation wasted
  • Options
    When the subs were being made, channel 4 caption at the top read “Player Out” & “Player in”.   Wtf happened to Off & On?   

Was going to post it on the things that really get on my t1ts thread (or whatever it’s called), but more likely to have been seen by those on this one.  

That said, a search of the interweb has failed to find 1 other outraged individual, so maybe it’s just me…?  
  • Options
    Channel 4 deserve the award for having the worst pundits. Dion Dublin, Jill Scott and Joe Cole, all truly dreadful.