Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Luggage

2»

Comments

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    I’ve just been to John Lewis to look at the soft cases and came across an Eastpak 121L which looks ideal for my next trip (advised to take a soft case. But still love my Samsonite. 
    That’s what I have.
    Had it for over 15yrs.
    Decided on the same style but a samsonite softcase. Looks very similar but the samsonite is a tad larger for a difference of £5. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    PopIcon said:
    I was on a flight to San Francisco. One in three checked cases where those shell Tripp ones, the ones that look kind of tiled.

If you get one, 100% tie a ribbon or have a distinguished belt on the outside. People were having to open their luggage straight off the conveyor belt to ensure they weren't taking someone elses knickers on holiday.
    Surely they just needed to read their name on the check in tag rather than open their cases?

But yes, Tripp also sell belts and tags to further distinguish your luggage. 
  • Options
    These covers are the way to go.

amazon £20 ish.

many flavours

• Options
    My two new Tripp suitcases are being delivered today. I will give a first impressions post once I’ve had an inspection.
  • Options
    Seriously , i've never bought a suitcase 'protector' before, anyone tried them, do they work?
  • Options
    Certainly makes them stand out!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Seriously , i've never bought a suitcase 'protector' before, anyone tried them, do they work?
    Used to know someone that worked in baggage at Gatwick. He said the coloured straps that people put around their cases were useless because the handlers just used them to haul the cases around and the straps invariably broke. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Tripp are excellent value for money IMHO. Have a set of 2 large and 2 medium in red for quite a few years now and in the main they seem to fend off the vicious bag handlers quite well. Just seen an earlier post. There are a lot of tiled tripp bags on the conveyor these days, you do need to take some extra care to make yours stand out.
  • Options
    Right. Just delivered and I’m impressed. Zips seem heavy duty and not much else to say really. Two for £89 seems a steal given the prices of some competitors. Very grateful for the heads up👍