Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away Coach Travel question

Not been on one in 25+ years, doing Pompey with my youngest son, quick question for any away coach regulars.
Is it Baylis Executive coaches, and do they have tables or is it simple rows of seats as per my previous experience.

TIA

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:
    Not been on one in 25+ years, doing Pompey with my youngest son, quick question for any away coach regulars.
    Is it Baylis Executive coaches, and do they have tables or is it simple rows of seats as per my previous experience.

TIA
    The ones (the few) I’ve been on just have rows of seats.
    The Larkfield to Portsmouth leaves in hour 😉
  • Options
    Do they have a loo on the coach (just curious), not been on an away coach since I left school (1982) always go by train.
  • Options
    Do they have a loo on the coach (just curious), not been on an away coach since I left school (1982) always go by train.
    Certainly the longer distances ones do, can’t say I’ve noticed on Valley Express 
  • Options
    the valley express ones from Hastings and Bexhill always have a loo. but standing up and risk pissing on your shoes versus the unnatural sitting down is a conundrum you will have to face...
  • Options
    the valley express ones from Hastings and Bexhill always have a loo. but standing up and risk pissing on your shoes versus the unnatural sitting down is a conundrum you will have to face...
    LOL....I was just curious....always go by train these days.
  • Options
    Southeastern's common announcement is that this train does not convey a lavatory.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Southeastern's common announcement is that this train does not convey a lavatory.

Usually OK on Hastings trains....thankfully after 7-8 pints up the west end.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Yes crazy isn't it, you have these brand new "City Beam" 10 coach trains & not one fucking toilet. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Yes crazy isn't it, you have these brand new "City Beam" 10 coach trains & not one fucking toilet. 
    They are not brand new - 2nd hand from somewhere up north
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    They are not brand new - 2nd hand from somewhere up north
     Southwestern Railway, Dale Stephens recommended them.
    https://www.fromthemurkydepths.co.uk/2023/09/08/further-city-beam-trains-transfer-to-southeastern/
  • Options
    Well last time I travelled with coach to Portsmouth the windows got smashed in.
    Did mean we could piss out the window though Les Turner wasn’t happy.
    He had a point.😂
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Long time ago now, the last time I went there by coach (aggro coach) our windows got smashed. It made getting out after the Pompey fans easier lol
  • Options
    Speaking of away coaches, how the heck has this happened..?

I'd remind you Jack Whilshere used to play, occasionally anyway, for Bournemouth!

If anyone on the coach knew the M3 doesn't go to Brighton it should have been him.

I always thought using Uber was not so reliable.
    Joking aside, somebody will be in serious trouble for this.