Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McLeod and ZZ confirmed on email

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Two in, one out

With just two days to go until the start of the season, Charlton today clinched the double signing of attackers Izale McLeod and Zheng Zhi.

The Addicks will pay Milton Keynes Dons up to £1.55m for striker McLeod, who was League Two's joint leading scorer last term, while China captain Zheng will return to The Valley in a £2m deal following a successful loan spell in SE7 last season.

On a busy day of transfer activity for manager Alan Pardew, Souleymane Diawara has also left the club to join French side Bordeaux for an initial 3.9m euros.

Not unhappy with Zheng - think he'll do ok in the CCC just needs to work on his finishing

Comments

• Options
    'initial' 3.9m euros - wonder what the add-ons are??
  • Options
    0.1m euros if they win the champions league !!!

we play hardball !!
  • Options
    €3.9m is just over £2.6m
  • Options
    1 euro per day that he stays on the wagon
  • Options
    And a few bottles of local plonk if the win the French Cup
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]0.1m euros if they win the champions league !!!

we play hardball !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]'initial' 3.9m euros - wonder what the add-ons are??

2 jerobaums of champagne and a case of sctoch probably!
  • Options
    So, basically, Davros lost us 1.4million.

Cheers for that Iain
  • Options
    we have spent a bit of money this summer really havent we?

considering the Bent payments are spread over 3 years are we taking more risks? or are these calculated?
  • Options
    ZZ fee 1.25m plus 750k add-ons, at that price I'm well happy. Over the moon with McLeod too. FO to gloveman.
  • Options
    The Bent money is confirmed income, though, even if it doesn't all come in as cash. I'm glad we've spent a bit now, and haven't been too cautious about waiting till January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The January transfers will now be loans, IMHO to ensure our promotion push : o O
  • Options
    Top man, Pards! This is just what the Doc ordered to give us one final confidence boost for Saturday.

My guess is that our best side will now look like this....

Weaver
    Mouataokil - McCarthy - Bougherra - Thatcher
    Thomas - Semedo - Zheng - Reid
    Varney - Todorov

and our second string is.....

Randolph
    Sankofa - Fortune - Gibbs - Powell
    Ambrose - Holland - Faye - Sam
    McLeod - Iwulemo

PLUS: Dickson, Elliot and Bent

Not bad is it folks!!!! Well done Pards, that is one squad rebuilt very satisfactorily and on a very good budget.
  • Options
    ecstatic with the 2 signings...over the moon.....am brimming with excitement now!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: markwebb22[/cite]ecstatic with the 2 signings...over the moon.....am brimming with excitement now!!!!!!!!!
    Agreed, those two signings make a heck of a difference to our squad. I am now happy with what we have got. Let's bring it on!!
  • Options
    Really happy with what I've seen of McLeod on You Tube and I love ZZ already anyway. I think we are going to see the return of The Rip Roaring Goal Scoring Addicks (especially now we have someone called Martin in the squad - 'who's that scoring goals')

.........will some ZZ fan in China get streaming please!!!
  • Options
    We aare saved Jimmy, us exiles will be able to watch Charlton on Chinese internet stream, after all!

:-)
  • Options
    Delighted to have ZZ back!

That has eclipsed my disappointment at the departure of Diawara and I think that with one possible exception we now have a squad that has both ability and the right attitude.

Bring on Scunthorpe!!
  • Options
    Deeeeelighted, think either one of McLeod or Varney will make the jump up and score lots of goals...hopefully both, I liked ZZ a lot thought he was one of the only players I saw last year that always seemed to make space for himself, he'll be our player of the season!
  • Options
    Best headline on official site as well - Izzy, ZiZi, Pards gets busy
  • Options
    Class - there's almost a chant in there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ZZ on a 2 year contract, must surely have an option to extend in there??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]ZZ on a 2 year contract, must surely have an option to extend in there??

Parachute money???
  • Options
    most players will be on 2 year contracts to coincide with the parachute payments - once they've gone bye bye all players
  • Options
    lot of money to fork out for just a two year contract.

must be an option of a third year i'm sure.
  • Options
    yeah but for that money up front, surely must be an option to extend in there.
  • Options
    Richard Murray has publicly always said that he would want an option to extend a contract by a year, but the last time i heard that was at least 4 years ago.

Never quite worked out if the benefit of an option to extend is worthwhile if it has to be agreed by both parties.
  • Options
    I think it is if agreed upfront, 2 years better than one though
  • Options
    I can foresee the open top bus in woolwich parading the Champions and FA cup winners.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    Good work by Pards and the board, they've made it obvious to the fans that we still want to put up a proper fight with a view of making it back to the PL. If the new young lads perform, score goals, and defence does theyre stuff it could be a great season. Curbs very rarely took chances on strikers from lower leagues (Bent yeah) well Pards has and who knows one of them may turn out to be a star. Hope the team spirit is good cos that'll start us off on a good footing.