Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just like the old days

I'm feeling happier with the squad with the two recent additions - esp going forward.

As it stands just now, it could be just like the 70s when it was a case of seeing if the attack could score more than the defence would let in. I'm getting more excitied about the season now...

Comments

• Options
    To be honest, I'm in a state of shock about these latest two signings. Crumbs, how many attacking players have we got now???
  • Options
    Beats having too many players " who can play in more than one position" ala Curbs.

Blimey- did i just say that. :-)
  • Options
    Parkinson said on talksport that two more might be coming in over the next couple of weeks Mullins and Wooley (on loan) ?
  • Options
    You sure Parky didn't mean McLeod and ZZ?
  • Options
    Can't see Mullins happening now- money and all that.
  • Options
    see that Mullins is being offered as bait to Reading for Shorey.
  • Options
    We're always told how many goals he gets, but I can even see ZZ filling in the holding role if need be, so prob no need for Mullins now, and there appears to have been a financial stumbling block.
  • Options
    we wont be getting Mullins although Pards wants him. he wants £20k a week with a 4 yr deal and we cant afford that.
  • Options
    I'd rather have ZZ than Mullins any day of the week!

Back to topic: I think Weegie is right, we are building ourselves some nice attacking options provided that they all stay fit.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I'm feeling happier with the squad with the two recent additions - esp going forward.

As it stands just now, it could be just like the 70s when it was a case of seeing if the attack could score more than the defence would let in. I'm getting more excitied about the season now...

I'm confused a couple of weeks ago MINUS these two players you were bemoaning Pards signings - these 2 are hardly GREAT signings , good signings yes, that are super fabby doo fantastic so what's changed your mind. Or is this women's perogative stuff again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I posted somewhere on here yesterday that we've got some players in now with great goalscoring records last season:

Izzy Mac - 24
    Eye Well - 18
    Reg's other son - 18

ToddleOff - 26 (the last season he played in CCC)
    And even Dickster -35 (albeit non-league)

(Don't mention Marcus...!)

At least our new boys know where the back of the net is.
    Now all we need to do is provide them a decent service.

And with ZZ, JT, Sharon, Reidy, Sam and even Moo2 - we've got the players to do that.

And now I AM getting excited.......! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I'm feeling happier with the squad with the two recent additions - esp going forward.

I'm confused a couple of weeks ago MINUS these two players you were bemoaning Pards signings - these 2 are hardly GREAT signings , good signings yes, that are super fabby doo fantastic so what's changed your mind. Or is this women's perogative stuff again

i thought she was being sarcastic ?
  • Options
    No, Curb_It, for a change I wasn't! I do feel like we've got more options going forward now. I am still very concerned about central defence - even more so with Souley going - as think centre half is a critical position. I'm also still not convinced by Weaver and Todorov (and it was the signing of those two that led to my outburst).
  • Options
    Todorov is this years Andy Hunt - TRUST ME.

Weaver kept a few clean sheets in a shite Man City team last year.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]Todorov is this years Andy Hunt - TRUST ME.

i agree. he looks like he's playing with a career-ending problem......

so hope i'm wrong, but i think he is going to be a big fat flop mate. And probably what has prompted the need to get another striker in...
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    really??????

I haven't seen him play yet so can't comment.
  • Options
    Marcus Bent is this years Andy Hunt.

He'll definitely pick up a virus.

unfortunately it wont be career ending.