Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Whisper it quietly... Could we win it?

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Who genuinely believes we can? I've been cautiously hoping we might sneak 2nd. It just somehow seems too ideal to be able just to pop down and romp it again. It'll take time for so many new faces to gel. We've lost genuine quality in attack & defence (and in goal). And yet now, after today's signings, I'm ridiculously excited again, and daring to see it as a possibility, maybe after a steady but unspectacular start. Sod the embarassing defeat here and there; we're not too big for that are we? Hate the thought of being like a Celtic or ManU fan just expecting to win, but that squad really is quite tasty now. Can we?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, really think can win the league, decent start, and a bit of investment in January to kick on, and the Old Lady could be back at the Valley
  • Options
    Look at Sunderland...appalling start and then on to win it. I'm a bit worried that our start might be a bit slow and hope the crowd don't get too frustrated, but think we'll be right up there come the end.
  • Options
    The bookies arent often that wrong to be honest.....

Having said that I'd be just as happy if we get promoted via 2nd place or the playoffs