Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading [a] Bristol Street Motors Trophy- Tickets on sale

edited December 2023 in Match Day Travel

Tickets for Charlton's Bristol Street Motors Trophy round of 32 tie at Reading are now on general sale.

The club have received an allocation of 675 for the trip to the Select Car Leasing Stadium on Wednesday, December 6th (KO 7pm GMT).

Click here to purchase your tickets for Reading v Charlton.

PRICES

Adult: £10

O65/U25: £7

U18: £5

U13: £1 (when accompanied by a full paying adult)

Ambulant Disabled: 27 tickets are available at the relevant age band price and the helper goes free.

Wheelchair Bays: Six bays are available at the relevant age band price and the helper goes free.

Match tickets can be purchased from The Valley's Ticket Office until 4pm on Tuesday, December 5th.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/reading-away-tickets-sale-now

There will be a rail strike with no service on Southeastern trains & little or no service ran by the following companies on December 6 , Southern, Gatwick Express,Southwestern & Island Line.

Elizabeth Line services between Abbey Wood & Reading are unaffected by industrial action & Great Western services should be running a near normal service but may be affected by an ASLEF overtime ban.

• The nearest railway station is the Reading Green Park station, approximately 15 minutes' walk to the stadium. Alternatively, Reading Station. From there take the F1 (Reading Station Shuttle Service) commences 2 hours before kick-off and a minimum of 12 buses run frequently to & from the stadium, up to 1 hour 45 minutes after the final whistle. 
     Alternatively, a taxi from the railway station or town centre to the Select Car Leasing Stadium should cost approximately £10.
  • https://www.readingfc.co.uk/matchday/travel-parking/

Distance from Reading Station where Elizabeth Line terminates to stadium is about 3 miles, i'm not sure if shuttle buses will be running for this fixture.

Comments

• Options
    Also no SWR trains.
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the Downend Boys Club Statuette tie against the Waterloo Station Ticket Inspectors 11.
  • Options
    This seems rather unfair. In the Bristol street motors cup and we're playing away at the select car leasing stadium. 
  • Options
    Elizabeth Line not affected by strike. 

Abbeywood to Reading off peak return £29.40 journey is only 1 Hour 18 minutes (16 stops). 

16:46 Direct to Reading arrives 18.04.

Almost a local game, take longer to get to Orient.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Free travel on the lizzy line if you have a freedom pass or over 60 oyster (I think). 
  • Options

Abbeywood to Reading off peak return £29.40 journey is only 1 Hour 18 minutes (16 stops). 

Anybody with a Freedom Pass issued by one of the 32 London boroughs is entitled to free travel between Abbey Wood/ Reading, people with an over 60 oyster will have to get a day return between West Drayton/ Reading.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    clive said:

Anybody with a Freedom Pass issued by one of the 32 London boroughs is entitled to free travel between Abbey Wood/ Reading, people with an over 60 oyster will have to get a day return between West Drayton

• Options
    Thought the RMT had accepted the latest pay offer?
  • Options
    But it's ASLEF members who are striking next week.
  • Options
    clive said:
    But it's ASLEF members who are striking next week.
    Fair enough. I no longer use the trains so not up on who is and who isn’t striking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so if there’s no trains do we have to forfeit the tie ?
  • Options
    so if there’s no trains do we have to forfeit the tie ?
    Charlton are going to win this trophy to spite you mate, no doubt in my mind 😂
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Reading Lizzy line train isn't close to the ground though, youre looking at another 3 miles from the station to the ground as Clive mentions.

There's a new station called Reading Green Park much closer to the ground, no idea what the transfer from Reading Lizzy line to Reading Green Park is like though. 
  • Options
    • Allocation: 675

• Sold: 158

• On sale until: 4pm on Tuesday, December 5th

• Options
    Fair play to anyone that goes to this! I was tempted but after freezing my knackers off for that shitshow on Saturday i'll give this a body swerve.
  • Options
    158 Sold…. That’s amazing considering how shit we were on Saturday and Reading were yesterday.
  • Options
    I never knew we had that many completists, hats off to you!
  • Options
    Astonishing away number for this game. The only explanation I can think of is the Elizabeth Line.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every bone in my body is telling me to give it a miss.......
    My wife is telling me to give it a miss
    My wallet is telling me to give it a miss....

Must.  Resist. Temptation.
    #theroadtowembley
  • Options
    Well done everyone who's going 👏 
    Hope they put on a great show 🙏 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Anyone received their tickets yet?
  • Options
    I got mine this morning 
  • Options

• Sold: 219

• Options
    those 219 deserve a medal
  • Options
    I really want to attend this but the train strikes are going to stop me. 

Good luck and safe travels to those attending 
  • Options
    those 219 deserve a medal
    Another 1,000 expected to pay on the night but preferring to remain anonymous…
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    cafctom said:
    I’m going. Absolutely gods know why. 
    Keep a look out for the men in white coats coming down your road mate and keep the running shoes on 😉.

ps Can you give us a chorus of 🎼 Can you hear us on the box🎼
  • Options
    clive said:

• Sold: 158

where do you see how many sold ?

was thinking of going, but can't get to the valley to pick up tickets in time, so would only really be able to purchase online and pickup from Reading or buy on the night ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!