Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Camber Sands Holiday Park

Pontins have decided to put the old girl out of her misery with immediate effect. Pain in the arse for my mate who runs two rock n roll weekenders there. Reading between the lines I don't think they bothered to inform him, which is rather amiss.

Still, those that have been recently said it was in desperately poor condition, and the cleaning left a lot to be desired. But I am sure many of us have some great memories of the place.     

Comments

• Options
    Probably 30 years too late.
  • Options
    Last stayed there about 30 years ago and the place was a dump then.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    The worst holiday camp i've ever stayed in . We went there when our kids were small . Walking on the carpet in the bar was like wading through treacle. The bedding had blood on it when we arrived as well. 
    The beach is really nice but Pontins holiday camp should have closed decades ago
  • Options
    Last stayed there about 30 years ago and the place was a dump then.
    Yes - likewise. It's got worse according to those that attend the weekenders... 😱
  • Options
    Absolute shithole. Only holiday park I’ve ever cut a break short on 
  • Options
    Went there for a piss up a few years back and what a hellhole it is. It’s actually quite tragic people went there for an actual holiday. 
  • Options
    Asylum seekers to be housed at the sites
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Pontins at Brean Sands is already closed to public and being rented out to use as accommodation for staff who are working on the new construction at Hinckley Point

Wonder if Britannia are gonna sell them to another operator - Parkdean has already got a Camber Sands park but maybe Park Holidays will buy ?
  • Options
    I drove through Camber Sands last summer; the 'town', not the camp. I was hoping to find somewhere nice for a spot of lunch. The Whole area felt like a dilapidated throwback to another age. I didn't see anything nice, so drove back to Rye with an earworm of Everyday is Like Sunday running through my head. 
  • Options
    That should make the NIMBY's happy.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I drove through Camber Sands last summer; the 'town', not the camp. I was hoping to find somewhere nice for a spot of lunch. The Whole area felt like a dilapidated throwback to another age. I didn't see anything nice, so drove back to Rye with an earworm of Everyday is Like Sunday running through my head. 
    The Gallivant there is lovely but I bet they are bricking it being there with all these new people just hanging around bored…
  • Options
    Now that's a proper deterant 
  • Options
    This reminds me of another place we use to visit when I was a kid, Leysdown. I won a plastic aeroplane that you launched with an elastic band. Crushed by a lorry 🚛 on its maiden ✈️😿

Went back a few years ago, right 💩 hole! Ah childhood and reality, never the Twain shall meet;)
  • Options
    Very sad 
    Had some happy hols early 70’s in Camber Sands
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Home Office has denied this.
  • Options
    See my link above Emmy - went out of the window months ago. But they still persist in using it as a deflection... 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    The Owl at Camber is a lovely pub with great food, well it was the last time I went but been a couple of years since I’ve eaten in there.  I've stayed in a couple of lovely air bnbs there but there really isn't much to do in the evening.  

• Options
    Went to All Tomorrow’s Parties there about 20
    years ago watching loads of obscure indie bands whilst I was fuelled on Stella. 
    I think it was curated by Shellac (Steve Albini’s band).
    Had a great time, the chalets were a dump though.
  • Options
    It would deny it given that the Government wants to portray that it is sorting out immigration even though the reality appears to be the opposite.
  • Options
    Now that's a proper deterant 
    It’s deterrent Blackpool.  Come on.
  • Options

Pontins: What happened to the former UK holiday park giant?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67589538