Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help: Child Car Seat Rental

I’ll be coming back to England with my son at the end of January for two weeks, it’s my understanding that he will require a car seat (5 years old) in any car other than a taxi. 

Obviously I can’t bring his seat and buying one for 2 weeks usage seems ridiculous, I see online there are quite a few rental companies but I’d obviously like to be confident of quality and safety.

Has any used such a service and could recommend a company? 

Cheers all 

Comments

• Options
    If you are hiring a car its probably an added extra you can also hire as an add on
  • Options
    I won’t be hiring a car as that seems an entirely new level of hassle without a UK credit card etc, also not driven in 12 years 
  • Options
    Does not need a car seat in cabs. If you are in a private vehicle, just get a £50 one from Argos. Then donate to a woman's refuge 
  • Options
    What type do you need mate? We've got our daughter's old booster seat if that's any good. Had a look on-line and he'd need to be over 22kg or 125cm to be able to use it.
  • Options
    What type do you need mate? We've got our daughter's old booster seat if that's any good. Had a look on-line and he'd need to be over 22kg or 125cm to be able to use it.
    I’d have to seriously stuff him over Xmas to get him that big unfortunately. cheers for the offer thoigh mate! 
  • Options
    I’d have to seriously stuff him over Xmas to get him that big unfortunately. cheers for the offer thoigh mate! 
    No worries mate!
  • Options
    Can’t you get a second hand one from a charity shop or eBay, I know you live in China but couldn’t your parents or friends have a look for one? 
  • Options
    Can’t you get a second hand one from a charity shop or eBay, I know you live in China but couldn’t your parents or friends have a look for one? 
    Yeah. Or like suggested above a cheap Argos one, maybe I’m just paranoid after living around the quality of driving here😂
  • Options
    You can’t sell certain items at charity shops, car seats, horse hats, safety helmets etc due to having no knowledge of their history and they could be damaged and no longer fit for purpose 
  • Options
    If you order one from Argos, you can have a race to see whether you can get here from China before it does. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah. Or like suggested above a cheap Argos one, maybe I’m just paranoid after living around the quality of driving here😂
    With kids bouncing around the back or climbing into the front.... have seen it.... phew
  • Options
    With kids bouncing around the back or climbing into the front.... have seen it.... phew
    I once got a lift with a student’s family, the kid was jumping around the back of the SUV, I told him to put his seatbelt on, the dad looked at me like I’d shit on his sofa “he doesn’t like seatbelts” 

Insanity
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Does not need a car seat in cabs. If you are in a private vehicle, just get a £50 one from Argos. Then donate to a woman's refuge 
    Buy it from Argos and then return it when you are finished. Unwanted Christmas present or some other excuse.