Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Andre Braugher

One of the best-cast and funniest comedy characters in recent years, Captain Holt never failed to make me laugh. For those who haven't seen Brooklyn 99, worth it just for him! 61 is too early. Thanks for all the great moments, Andre, RIP. 

Comments

• Options
    Sad to see this news this morning, awesome in Brooklyn 99. So funny. 

RIP. 
  • Options
    Very sad. He focused on being a family man over celebrity. A proper Dad.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    How sad. He was fantastic as the super-smooth Detective Frank Pembleton in Homicide Life on the Street, my favourite American police series.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Brooklyn 99, is childishly brilliant and lasted well over years.  RIP Captain Holt.
  • Options
    Equally great in serious roles and comedy alike.

RIP Andre.

NINE NINE!
  • Options
    Nine Nine is one of those shows I just watch over and over. Always on in the background. 

A fabulous character. His battles with Wunch make me laugh every time without fail. 

RIP
  • Options
    My favourite character from my favourite show in recent years. Gutted. RIP.

• Options
    RIP - that man could deliver a funny line alright!   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh how sad... As others have said... He was outstanding in Brooklyn 99
  • Options
    One of my Covid furlough friends. Binge watched Brooklyn 99 end to end and he was a brilliant character amongst a cast of brilliance...RIP Captain Holt.
  • Options
    Such a good actor, too many people are dying so young lately. 

He was fantastic in b99 but one of his roles that seems to have gone under the radar a bit was his voice acting performance as Darkseid in: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. He absolutely nailed how you'd expect a villain to sound.

RIP 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    What a shame, and no age at all. 

I can't begin to imagine how long Brooklyn 99 must have taken to film, the complete deadpan delivery of Captain Holt would have had me creasing every time. A real lightning in a bottle casting that absolutely made the series what it was

RIP Captain
  • Options
    As a keen student of the American Civil War for more years than I care to remember, 'GLORY' is, in my humble opinion, the best Civil War movie Hollywood has produced, and Andre's performance was superb.