Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

China's Flying Kiss- anyone been?

Opened when a lot of the world was in lockdown, looks totally mad..

https://youtu.be/JpQbnIJkhAE

Comments

• Options
    Never heard of it to be honest... There might be quite a few statues like this around the country though. I wouldn't go up there even if you paid me to as it looks scary. 
  • Options
    I'm with the tourist who suggested that they're a bit ugly, and I don't see the point of sitting on top of a giant moving statue (the idea of which is unsettling, without even beginning to engage any paranoia or latent vertigo that i may harbour).
  • Options
    I think the feat itself has to be admired but like @jessie does look a bit scary!
  • Options
    I've never been to China and am unlikely to go. If I did, I'd happily go and stand on one of those waiter's trays. Though they did look a little crowded.

Apart from the obvious attractions, Great Wall and Terracotta Army, the thing in China that I'd most like to see and go on is the Riyu Glass Footbridge.

https://youtu.be/vc1-iAUGJMA?si=01iH1Rbwneu8kB4A

• Options
    In my few visits to China seeing the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Terracotta Army, the Temple of Heaven and other places. I liked the Temple of Heaven best, but those other places were awesome too.
  • Options
    Been to China once, Found the place absolutely fantastic. The highlight for me was Xian, and the Terracotta army, and i believe only about a third excavated.
  • Options
    As someone who's afraid of heights, I sometimes thing that a lot of these new Chinese bridges and aerial visitor attractions are solely designed to give me nightmares!
  • Options
    As someone who's afraid of heights, I sometimes thing that a lot of these new Chinese bridges and aerial visitor attractions are solely designed to give me nightmares!
    I wouldn't trust the safety of these things. Accidents are not unheard of.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    In my few visits to China seeing the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Terracotta Army, the Temple of Heaven and other places. I liked the Temple of Heaven best, but those other places were awesome too.
    It's certainly on my retirement bucket list.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Didn’t realise you were an American  @sethplum ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    It's certainly on my retirement bucket list.
    If you’re serious I highly recommend learning to speak a bit of Mandarin.
    It isn’t as difficult as people think.
    If you can memorise, say, five words a day for a month, then a trip to China can be transformed.
    ’Ni Hao’ is a starting point, but there are other useful words that can be learned online or from a textbook that uses Pinyin.
    Mrs Plum has authored and co-authored about seven Chinese language textbooks, not touting or anything😌 but the Amazon reviews of this are 100% four or five stars.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chinese-Express-Talk-Moon-Tan/dp/1845700090
  • Options
    Been to Beijing, Chengdu and rural Guizhou all mind blowing for different reasons. Stunning country and a must see if possible.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Didn’t realise you were an American  @sethplum ?
    Dang right. My middle name is Randy.