Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What you done this year that’s Christmassy?

13»

Comments

• Options
    After resisting for my fifty odd years, finally capitulated and got a Christmas jumper. Mind you having a wife who runs a charity shop does have its advantages.  
  • Options
    Went on the ‘Polar Express’ last week with my son, niece and nephew. Extortionate but they loved it. 

Four Xmas parties in the last week, two in one day yesterday, one more tonight. I’m broken.

Family get together tomorrow then I think I’ll hibernate. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    sent a few cards, bought a few presents, tipped my binmen, barbers and pharmacy team (would like to tip the postie but never seem to get the same one more than once a week) .. errrr .. nothing out of the usual t b h  .. EDIT .. Oh and gave a few quid to homeless and children's charities  o:)
  • Options
    Sat up all night watching over our very drunken 19yo daughter - after her Xmas get together with her home from college friends. She’s an athlete, never drinks so the effect of then drinking was quite dramatic! 
  • Options
    Oakster2 said:
    Sat up all night watching over our very drunken 19yo daughter - after her Xmas get together with her home from college friends. She’s an athlete, never drinks so the effect of then drinking was quite dramatic! 
    Merry Christmas @Oakster2

she wasn’t on the Absinthe at the Canadian equivalent of the Crystal Palace Tavern was she? Lol
  • Options
    Talal said:
    seth plum said:
    Stig said:
    Photographed a Robin. 
    I am not really one for ornaments, but I have been searching for years for a proper Robin one, maybe made of quality glass or something.
    Great picture.
    One I have, though may not be the kind of thing you're looking for...

Looks like something an archaeologist might find in the ruins of Pompeii.
  • Options
    Oakster2 said:
    Merry Christmas @Oakster2

she wasn’t on the Absinthe at the Canadian equivalent of the Crystal Palace Tavern was she? Lol
    ha ha - my god - that literally doesn't bring back any memories 

• Options
    Just another day, so absolutely nothing. 
  • Options
    Visited our local Christmas village yesterday here in France and am now sitting down to a nice breakfast with 4 candles lit on the 4th Advent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    I bought this and wore it for the last week and a half at work.
    In two classes of 25 students each, I did an exercise about things they dislike about Christmas. In both classes someone said ’Christmas jumpers’, at which point I pulled off my Charlton jumper to reveal this Father Christmas shirt, to great applause and laughter.

• Options
    Went to Leeds Castle yesterday to see the Narnia thing, then as were leaving, we got directed to go out through all the Christmas lights show.

Great bonus, they were really good!

• Options
    After a number of years meaning to, I finally made it to the Smithfields Xmas meat auctions on 23rd. Was a great 90 mins or so if history and managed to pick up a freezer full of really cheap meat. Pick of the bunch being a sirloin strip which was then chopped into 17 huge Sirloin steaks, purchased for £40.