Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ex Ipswich Town's Darren Ambrose 'loves Lego' and would build with Beckham

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Love Lego... Hate the prices lol!

Although I'd have a lot more of it, if space wasnt an issue

Seems to be very much a 50/50 split these days from Lego, whether they cater for kids, or adult Lego fans... some of the models they come out with, are just amazing
  • Options
    As a self confessed Motorsport nerd I do look at some of the big ones they release every year and just wonder how anyone has the time to build them. All seems incredibly complicated but a good fun hobby if you have the patience. 
  • Options

Seems to be very much a 50/50 split these days from Lego, whether they cater for kids, or adult Lego fans... some of the models they come out with, are just amazing
    My girlfriend has literally set me a "lego budget" each month and we have a designated shelf - if I want to put any new sets on display something else has to be put away first.

Then I went and got her the bonsai tree set and now she's obsessed with the decorative/display stuff. I may have unleashed a monster...

• Options
    thenewbie said:

My girlfriend has literally set me a "lego budget" each month and we have a designated shelf - if I want to put any new sets on display something else has to be put away first.

Then I went and got her the bonsai tree set and now she's obsessed with the decorative/display stuff. I may have unleashed a monster...

My sister has a similar " Lego budget" for her and her partner , the Bonsai is one of their favourites so I've got them the new Tiny Plants one for Christmas 
  • Options
    I think Darren Ambrose's collection whilst nicely set out, from what can be seen is not that special when you see what the ordinary folk of the world do. But I suppose the story really is about the ex Ipswich and Palace premier league player showing he has more about him than what some might realise when they think footballer. Very nice to see him getting the whole family involved. I got my son into it a very young age and it seemed I was buying it on a weekly basis. He probably had every bit of Star Wars Lego there was besides the large model trucks, bulldozers and anything else the shops sold. We kept hold of most of the more expensive stuff complete the instruction manuals, in crates stacked in the loft. I wouldn't think any of it has any value but we felt it was to good to give away and maybe one day he might, (hoped) have children of his own. 
    I also got him into making Airfix models, they were loads hung from his bedroom ceiling, holes everywhere when it came to redecorate. 
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2023
    Love it myself. Actually use it a bit to switch off and relax. Got the Optimus Prime for my birthday, and bought my boy the Hogwarts Express and Chamber of Secrets for Crimbo.

Got the winter set out which took me about 4 hours to build a couple of Xmases ago.

• Options
    "Former Ipswich Town and Crystal Palace player Darren Ambrose.."

Played more games for Charlton than any other team...

How low have we sunk that we can't even be referenced in a lego story...
    Yeah I thought that, but mentions us briefly further on in the story, like we’re an afterthought.
  • Options
    "Former Ipswich Town and Crystal Palace player Darren Ambrose.."

Played more games for Charlton than any other team...

How low have we sunk that we can't even be referenced in a lego story...
    Thats why I retyped that as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Five Kids!
  • Options
    Lego bores me but the films are great!
  • Options
    Love Lego .. Ambrose's Hogwarts Castle is a proper work of art .. I have an Architecture kit, still get a lot of enjoyment from designing and building my dream house lol (only in Lego bricks though)
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Always wanted a milenium falcon, but not at that price!!
  • Options
    Christmas day was mainly building these, he also got 4 of the 'BLOCK' Pokemon sets which is pretty much lego but moody brand. Weird that Pokemon aligned with them for the official products.