Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How close are we to our free pint ? (Oxford ticket incentive)

I presume we haven’t even got near phase one ?

Comments

• Options
    I think the club even forgot bout this as not seen it mentioned since once. Expect a push tomorrow  
  • Options
    I’m hoping for at least 10 free pints.
  • Options
    Nowhere near prize 1
  • Options
    😂
  • Options
    Could we now owe the board a free pint?
  • Options
    Why are prizes 4 & 7 the same?
  • Options
    Is the "10,000 tickets sold" a cumulative total?

In which case we should be there by the end of the season, with a fair wind.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Why are prizes 4 & 7 the same?
    The second of those is for hospitality in the "VIP" box, with strippers and free beer. But they just didn't want to let everyone know this option is available.

We've tried it and it's alright, to be fair.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @clive is your man for ticket sales.

I’d also love to know how many half season tickets have been sold. They must be at a record low.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I actually bought three tickets yesterday, felt quite bitter about it whilst still seething from that Boxing Day rubbish. Have some friends visiting from the States who have got into the Wrexham thing and want to come. I have given them fair warning that a visit to the Valley will be nothing like their expectations! 
  • Options
    i think crowds are going to hit record lows now - season is over - gonna be like attending them cup reserve games from now on - can't take another second half of a season like this - its a waste of a saturday afternoon and if i'm feeling like that then i expect most are - there's no badges or medals handed out for this unwavering loyalty in the face of such rubbish - i've paid for my season ticket - as i always do and will  - however, i've done my bit but enoughs enough - please spare me having to actually attend   
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    i think crowds are going to hit record lows now - season is over - gonna be like attending them cup reserve games from now on - can't take another second half of a season like this - its a waste of a saturday afternoon and if i'm feeling like that then i expect most are - there's no badges or medals handed out for this unwavering loyalty in the face of such rubbish - i've paid for my season ticket - as i always do and will  - however, i've done my bit but enoughs enough - please spare me having to actually attend   

Supporting a team and club goes beyond merely a financial contribution by buying a season ticket.  Turning up an cheering the team on/ being the cliché 12th man. It's not about kudos or medals or being a better supporter...it's about supporting the team on a match day.

Watching on Charlton tv or buying a season ticket and not going is not supporting the team albeit it is a financial contribution it's not supporting when it matters e.g 3pm on a Saturday.

I think Millwall must get 10 points a season at home each year through intimidating the opponents for certain games for example. Whilst we'll never have that same culture to the same degree when you look at games like Doncaster playoff semi the crowd and atmosphere undoubtably helped in getting a win out of a game that was all but lost a couple of times.

Getting behind the players and/ or giving them a rocket when they deserve it surely helps rather than them playing in a 2 thirds empty stadium in a pre season atmosphere.
    Good luck with that, but I'm out.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Supporting a team and club goes beyond merely a financial contribution by buying a season ticket.  Turning up an cheering the team on/ being the cliché 12th man. It's not about kudos or medals or being a better supporter...it's about supporting the team on a match day.

Watching on Charlton tv or buying a season ticket and not going is not supporting the team albeit it is a financial contribution it's not supporting when it matters e.g 3pm on a Saturday.

I think Millwall must get 10 points a season at home each year through intimidating the opponents for certain games for example. Whilst we'll never have that same culture to the same degree when you look at games like Doncaster playoff semi the crowd and atmosphere undoubtably helped in getting a win out of a game that was all but lost a couple of times.

Getting behind the players and/ or giving them a rocket when they deserve it surely helps rather than them playing in a 2 thirds empty stadium in a pre season atmosphere.
    well i've done both all my life - financial and vocal support - but there comes a point when u start questioning it and as i say, if i'm questioning it, having done it year in year out, most others must be too. 
    Nothing wrong with questioning it Doucher and others. However when the game kicks off until the final whistle they get my vocal support. And I certainly see it negative to slag off young players either during or after a game. We have seen the confidence drain from TC over recent weeks, made worse by the crowd. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Lovely idea, if we were shit but tried then it makes sense... but I'm definitely not turning up to do something the players have not bothered with themselves 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I completely understand why people are staying away, but Rodney's post is bang on. 
  • Options
    When players appear to not be trying it can quite often be something else - it’s normally when they don’t believe in what the manager is doing and have banged their heads on a brick wall for too long - that doesn’t excuse CBT though - he’s just downed tools 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    When players appear to not be trying it can quite often be something else - it’s normally when they don’t believe in what the manager is doing and have banged their heads on a brick wall for too long - that doesn’t excuse CBT though - he’s just downed tools 
    Horseshit, in fact the past few games he looks like he's the only one trying to attack, and opposition stick 2 or 3 men on him at all times knowing full well the other useless chancers in our team won't do anything to help the attack
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    DOUCHER said:

Millwall’s home ‘intimidation’ is a thing of the past. Grow up 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Bizaree response.
  • Options
    It's when the chips are down and your club are shit you see the real hardcore numbers and I've always thought of us as a minge of a club support wise when the chips are down .
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Horseshit, in fact the past few games he looks like he's the only one trying to attack, and opposition stick 2 or 3 men on him at all times knowing full well the other useless chancers in our team won't do anything to help the attack
    Never seen a player shirk as many headers and tackles as he has in the last month and play for 15 minutes a game 
  • Options
    It's when the chips are down and your club are shit you see the real hardcore numbers and I've always thought of us as a minge of a club support wise when the chips are down .
    Alas, this is also how I see us. Probably 6k in the ground last Saturday. That's about what I see as our hard core support. We can announce a crowd of 12k if we wish but if  you remove the 3k seats in the Seed that would mean we filled half of the 24k home seats avaliable. I had an entire row of seats to myself ffs. 

Conversely our away numbers seem as healthy as they've ever been. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:

Bizaree response.
    So you believe a half full Den is worth 10 points a season ? 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:

Bizaree response.
    They have got over 18k 3 times this season - points = 0/9