Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are you still going to go to Charlton then?

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
A strange question that has been asked of me by loads of "Premier League" supporters (remember they don't actually go) this summer.

I just look at them and kiss my teeth ...

Comments

• Options
    So true !!

I have been asked if i am still going to go / have i renewed my season ticket around 20 times i reckon.

I just say no, i'm supporting Chelsea now....
  • Options
    I can just imagine some nodding and saying good choice after you throw the Chelsea quip back at them
  • Options
    And when you say yes, they then say "oh to get the free season ticket"

As if I wouldnt have renewed anyway.

22nd year as a STH this year.

Bloody plastics.
  • Options
    Had the same from the Gooner in my team.

"So looking forward to the might Scunthorpe on Saturday then?"

I just remind him that the last time, and only time he has seen Arse live since I employed him, was when he went to the Madrid for a CL game.
  • Options
    And then you get the look of shock with 'oh, good for you'.

You then ask are you finally going to the Emerites / Stamford Bridge / WHL / Old Trafford / Anfield this season and you get......

'can't get a ticket'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]'can't get a ticket'

LOL! So true.

Liverpool "fan" in my office was bragging about going to Anfield for a match, only then to be found looking on the RAC website for directions......
  • Options
    Plastic mug: 'So who have the mighty Charlton got tomorrow then ?'

Me: 'Scunthorpe'

PLASTIC MUG BELLY LAUGHS, PATS ME TWICE ON THE SHOULDER, AND WALKS OFF CHUCKLING
  • Options
    To be honest if they don't go I don't even bother listening to what they've got to say about football. I'll enjoy a bit of banter with a proper fan who goes week in week out - one of these ridiculous plastics I just look at in a bewildered fashion and walk off....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]And then you get the look of shock with 'oh, good for you'.

You then ask are you finally going to the Emerites / Stamford Bridge / WHL / Old Trafford / Anfield this season and you get......

'can't get a ticket'

in the case of man utd, there are season tickets still available.
    this is surprising as only a couple of years ago it was reported that 1800 season ticket holders at old trafford were actually dead. they had actually been renewed by relatives to avoid the waiting list.
  • Options
    Had it last week, and had a similar reaction to the one Smudge had, I snapped back and said, 'Take you're going to the Emirates this season'

The twit shut it