Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Soul RIP

Just read that David Soul passed away yesterday, he was 80.

Was a big Starsky & Hutch fan and have always wanted a Ford Gran Torino in the red and white colour scheme.

Comments

• Options
    OMG that’s such a shock to me. I absolutely idolised him years ago when he was in Starsky and Hutch - posters on my wall etc. 
    RIP x
  • Options
    decent actor who also had a few top 10 hits as a singer .. R I P
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Hutch
  • Options
    RIP. 
    Loved S&H as a kid. 

Shat myself watching him in Salem’s Lot n’all. 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Ah that's sad. I really enjoyed Starsky & Hutch.
    RIP David x
  • Options
    Starsky & Hutch was Saturday night when I was a kid, unmissable show. He appeared in a quite a few good British shows after he moved here, too.

RIP David.   
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP loved Starsky & Hutch. A Saturday night staple like Kojak and Cannon. Loved all those.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP.  Straight back to the seventies. Huggy Bear...

"Don't give up on us baby"

• Options
    RIP Hutch.
  • Options
    Loved S&H growing up in the 70;s - the opening theme tune & action sequence with them jumping onto the roof of the car was, as they say nowdays.............epic.

Also quite liked his songs...........don't give up on us baby !

RIP
  • Options
    S&H was an iconic show, essential viewing in the 70's.

RIP
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    My Starsky and Hutch story - 

In about 1975, I worked on the 24th floor of a London tower block. One morning, I looked down out of the window, and in a small car park below, I could see a film crew working. Two actors/guys would jump out of a car, chase two other guys, have a barny and then do it over again while being filmed. The thing that stood out was that one of the cars was bright red with a white stripe - Starsky and Hutch colours! We told a couple of the girls who worked in the next office, and after looking down at the filming themselves, they were convinced it was the real thing, and S&H were doing a London-based episode. They got all excited and went down for a closer look and to maybe get autographs, etc. They came back half an hour later, very happy, but sadly it wasn't Soul and Glaser doing the filming, it was for a Morecambe and Wise Christmas special! And they didn't bother with autographs either!

RIP David Soul.
    A throw-back to your 1975 self... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIhsQLddllc 
  • Options
    I loved S&H so much I painted every toy car I had the same (I had more toy cars than dolls, blame KB).
    I seriously thought about respraying my 2CV & getting the roof to match. Instead I just got the St George Cross roof on my red & white Dolly.
    RIP David, you were seriously loved ♥️
  • Options
    A staple of my saturday nights as a kid....Starsky and Hutch....RIP David
  • Options
    Also appeared in one of the  Dirty Harry movies as a rookie motorcycle cop.

RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 5
    RIP David
  • Options
    RIP. A 70s icon with the show and his successful music career
  • Options
    Very sad - always remember him popping up in Dirty Harry, but don't remember him in Salem's Lot! Loved S&H big time.

RIP David Soul.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options

I have Don’t Give On Us on 7”, it may be the first record I ever bought. I played it a lot in the late 70s and still think it’s good song.

I also have the his Album, Playing To An Audience of One. I’m pretty sure I saw him in concert in the early 80s but my mind may be playing tricks on me.

Loved Starsky and Hutch

Sad News

RIP David
  • Options
    Silver Lady is my Karaoke song of choice.

He lived over here for some time, and was often featured in Classic Car magazines.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    edited January 5
    Hal1x said:

He lived over here for some time, and was often featured in Classic Car magazines.
    Yeah, he was involved in restoring Ernest Hemmingway’s old Chrysler in Cuba. As he was a UK resident, he could order parts from the US then ship them out to Cuba.

He was supposed to make an appearance at the NEC classic car show a few years ago and I had stuff ready for him to sign but he cancelled at the last minute.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:

became a British Citizen (subject?) in 2004
  • Options
    RIP