Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Energy Bill

Just had my bill as from march 1st 2024 from E.D.F.and is a increase of £60.I hiope the Governmant is going to help.I doe seem a large increase

Comments

• Options
    Mine (from Octopus) has just come down £100 a month!
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Just had my bill as from march 1st 2024 from E.D.F.and is a increase of £60.I hiope the Governmant is going to help.I doe seem a large increase
    Don't think that will be happening. The price cap is also predicted to come down.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Government don’t give two fecks. Any money they do have is already earmarked for election tax bribes. They’re not going to give it to the poor so that they can keep warm. 
  • Options
    edited January 6
    Signed up to a fixed deal with Octopus energy in the summer, my gas and electric has gone down £300 on January 2023.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    if your bill has gone up I’d check your usage and try to find out why as most people’s are coming down. 
  • Options
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications/changes-energy-price-cap-1-january-2024

Every three months we review and set a level on how much an energy supplier can charge for each unit of energy.

From 1 January 2024 the price for energy a typical household who use gas and electricity and pay by Direct Debit will go up by £94. This will take the price cap from £1,834 to £1,928 per year.

From 1 January 2024, for a typical user paying by direct debit, the unit rate will be 29p/kWh for electricity and 7p/kWh for gas. The average daily standing charge will be 53 p/day for electricity and 30 p/day for gas.

The increase in the price cap is because the cost of wholesale gas has gone up in recent months. This is due to world events including the conflict in the Middle East.