Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live - Look back at Port Vale - Live here 10am

Comments

• Options
    Agreed with everything in that show, very measured and pleased that Gavin Carter tuned in and input. Appreciate that this may have been a one off ahead of a CAS Trust fan webinar on Weds but being willing to put your head above the parapet and share some thinking on a live show deserves a bit of credit in my opinion. Am looking forward to Thursday’s show which will hopefully be permitted to dissect what is shared on Weds, unless that is a Chatham House rules type meeting. Thanks as always for the show, a guaranteed Charlton highlight of the week even when what happens on the pitch is sh*te. 
  • Options
    Agreed with everything in that show, very measured and pleased that Gavin Carter tuned in and input. Appreciate that this may have been a one off ahead of a CAS Trust fan webinar on Weds but being willing to put your head above the parapet and share some thinking on a live show deserves a bit of credit in my opinion. Am looking forward to Thursday’s show which will hopefully be permitted to dissect what is shared on Weds, unless that is a Chatham House rules type meeting. Thanks as always for the show, a guaranteed Charlton highlight of the week even when what happens on the pitch is sh*te. 
    I thought this was a club event this Wednesday. Nothing to do with the supporters trust 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    I thought this was a club event this Wednesday. Nothing to do with the supporters trust 
    I received the comms from CAST but may have merely been promoting a club event. If the latter, I haven’t received comms on it direct from them. 👍
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    I received the comms from CAST but may have merely been promoting a club event. If the latter, I haven’t received comms on it direct from them. 👍
    Hi @Pavoren007 the event is on the official site. All invited, CAST communication was publicising it. 
  • Options
    📺 CATCH UP

Today's stream, where we look back at the draw with Port Vale, is available on demand right now

Join us as we look back at the thrilling 3-3 draw at Port Vale, hearing from Addicks boss Michael Appleton. Chris Collingwood is this week’s guest fan.

Enjoying the show and want to support the pod? Check out our merch store – https://t.co/hlj5VBVt5v

This show was first broadcast LIVE via our new YouTube channel – and you can rewatch the video below, or listen in your usual podcast places if preferred

For the fourth time, Charlton Live were among the nominees for The Football Supporters’ Associations’ Club Podcast of the Year award – thank you for your support! Our shows are available as podcasts via Acast, iTunes, Deezer and many other platforms. To contact us – email studio@charltonlive.co.uk or tweet @charltonlive

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Hi @Pavoren007 the event is on the official site. All invited, CAST communication was publicising it. 
    This has prompted me to realise I only go to the main site to buy away tickets and remind myself of the fixture list order. This forum, the SLP the main outlets for all I find interesting in reading about Charlton. Hadn’t given it much thought, but the club should, as fan engagement through such channels ordinarily pretty important. 
  • Options
    Sobering but realistic show guys, I especially liked the Guest fan contribution. Afraid that my view on Appleton is that he 'appears' not to ave the qualities on the touchline that I would expect, to a team that are struggling to hold out  for a win. I have only managed at amateur level, but some of the selections, albeit from a  limited squad, is why you have to address the issue, and motivate the players, and get a leader on the pitch, either in midfield or defence, that seems to be missing.
    It is one of the reasons that cup games are  important, the morale and team spirit can be so important, especially in a season that is all but over by Christmas!....
    Seems to me that the club either needs a sports motivator/psychologist, or a new one.