Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++Conor Coventry joins on a 3 1/2 year deal+++

Comments

• clive said:

Behind the scenes on Conor Coventry's first day at Charlton 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uSjnC5GT2k
    Quite hard to hear the conversations over that music, without headphones at least anyway 
  • Just to add to this, not saying he is anywhere near as good, and I’m clearly getting a bit excitable about his potential talent. 

But did have a feeling of Conor Gallagher’s first short cameo for us. Just something a little bit different about him. 

I understand what you mean when you get a good vibe about a player but Conor Gallagher was 19 and one of the most highly rated teenagers at any  London Football club whereas Conor Coventry is 24 in March.
    He still sounds like a good signing for a lower mid table team in the 3rd tier.

I wish him well but playing cameos for West Ham with top players around you don't count for much when playing Carlisle or Fleetwood in front of small crowds.

Sounds like a real positive signing. 
  • Poor blokes been sold words ffs
  • Wonder what he is thinking, same with the rest of them. I doubt they expected the level of dislike from the fan base for the man that brought them here. 
  • Harsh of the Hungarians to demand Connor as a replacement for Dobbo but I guess we got most of what we paid to West Ham back.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 14
    So the SMT sign Coventry to replace Dobbo?, they hope hes almost as good as Dobbo so that we won't notice, and they will save a few quid on the swap, but then Jones spots the switcharoo and realises that the fake Dobbo is not quite as good as the actual Dobbo that he still has, so he stops the genuine Dobbo going, and parks Coventry as a spare Dobbo in case the real Dobbo goes in the summer. Like a can of tyre inflator when you get a puncture.

• Harsh of the Hungarians to demand Connor as a replacement for Dobbo but I guess we got most of what we paid to West Ham back.
    You forgot the sell on clause! 
  • So not injured then, but sent to Coventry.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    For me Coventry is playing the wrong for position for us, from I have seen of him in games for other clubs, he played more as a traditional midfielder rather than at the base, which he has done for us, apart from his game which we all left impressed how go he is. Would like to see him in front of Bakinson 
    Maybe, but we haven't seen enough of him yet.
    Is this a whoosh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    For me Coventry is playing the wrong for position for us, from I have seen of him in games for other clubs, he played more as a traditional midfielder rather than at the base, which he has done for us, apart from his game which we all left impressed how go he is. Would like to see him in front of Bakinson 
    Maybe, but we haven't seen enough of him yet.
    Agreed, I am certainly not writing him off, I think he will end up being a very good player for our club.. Just making the point, I think he is better further forward. 
  • Him and Louis Watson (more so Watson) looked pissed off before the game.