Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone dealt with Red Robins Retro?

Comments

• Options
    cfgs said:
    Any idea how long delivery took when you guys ordered?
    About 6 weeks?
  • Options
    Anyone know when they next release a new batch?
  • Options
    best bet is to keep an eyer on their twitter, it's normally once a production/delivery run of the previous shirt has been completed
  • Options
    CAST members can now claim a discount from Red Robins Retro - visit the members' hub on www.castrust.org for more details on this and other exclusive offers. 

Members can navigate to the Members Hub, via the 'Help The Trust' tab, and logging in that way - alternatively via the 'Join' tab too.
  • Options
    I typed in for their website and all it had was one Viglen shirt that had sold out.
    I expected some kind of catalogue of examples.
  • Options
    Can anyone start making knock offs? I'd assume you'd need permission from the club for the Trademark.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Can anyone start making knock offs? I'd assume you'd need permission from the club for the Trademark.
    I doubt they have permission from the club or the various original manufacturers
  • Options
    edited February 8
    Can 'retros' be made if manufacturers have now ceased trading?

I'm assuming it is a no with the Osca tops not being available.

• Options
    Yeah got a couple they're very good. My only gripe is that the stomach sponsors logo is printed on rather than the sort of soft touch felt it should be/was. Although I knew that before ordering 
    When you say printed on, do you mean that rubbery stuff that comes off after a few washes?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah got a couple they're very good. My only gripe is that the stomach sponsors logo is printed on rather than the sort of soft touch felt it should be/was. Although I knew that before ordering 
    When you say printed on, do you mean that rubbery stuff that comes off after a few washes?
    Yeah the rubber style print. Must say the shirts I have from Robins Retro have held up well to washes though. The Llanera kits were the absolute worst for that
  • Options
    Talal said:
    castrust said:
    CAST members can now claim a discount from Red Robins Retro - visit the members' hub on www.castrust.org for more details on this and other exclusive offers. 

Members can navigate to the Members Hub, via the 'Help The Trust' tab, and logging in that way - alternatively via the 'Join' tab too.
    Must admit I'm a little surprised the trust are supporting what are essentially fakes. Decent fakes mind, but still fakes. 
    I’m surprised the club haven’t stopped it to be honest, particularly given it’s been advertised by the museum, CAST etc so they must know about it!
  • Options
    Sollied said:
    Talal said:
    castrust said:

Must admit I'm a little surprised the trust are supporting what are essentially fakes. Decent fakes mind, but still fakes. 
    I’m surprised the club haven’t stopped it to be honest, particularly given it’s been advertised by the museum, CAST etc so they must know about it!
    it’s not worth the fuss, especially as they can’t recreate them anyway. If the club owned and operated the club shop it would be a different story 
  • Options
    Sollied said:
    Talal said:
    castrust said:

no point in the club stopping it if they aren't going to do it themselves. there's clearly a market for these and fair play to Red Robins Retro, I've got one and it's really good
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    He takes pre-orders and produces 2 shirts at a time generally. He is currently taking votes for which shirt to do next I believe
  • Options
    Talal said:
    castrust said:

Any discount on Peckham Spring Water? 
  • Options
    edited February 8
    Sollied said:
    Talal said:
    castrust said:

Don't remember the museum "advertising" them.

Personally not got any issue with the shirts other than wish we'd thought of it first
  • Options
    Talal said:
    castrust said:

If authentic replicas were being sold by the club or sports brand it'd be iffy because you're undercutting them/ redirecting business.

But given the limited scale and audience surely it's negligible to both the club and sports brand. 

The club blocking it would only cause loss of goodwill as it's really not affecting their commercial interests or reputation (especially as an army of male and female model like addicks will be wearing them and promoting the club) so no issue and doubt it would be on the major sports brands' radar as we're not Manchester United and they've probably got their hands full cracking down on knock offs in China etc.

It's a product that wouldn't exist if this company didnt do them and causes no harm to club or sports brand and aimed at a severely niche market so no harm done surely.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    castrust said:

If authentic replicas were being sold by the club or sports brand it'd be iffy because you're undercutting them/ redirecting business.

But given the limited scale and audience surely it's negligible to both the club and sports brand. 

The club blocking it would only cause loss of goodwill as it's really not affecting their commercial interests or reputation (especially as an army of male and female model like addicks will be wearing them and promoting the club) so no issue and doubt it would be on the major sports brands' radar as we're not Manchester United and they've probably got their hands full cracking down on knock offs in China etc.

It's a product that wouldn't exist if this company didnt do them and causes no harm to club or sports brand and aimed at a severely niche market so no harm done surely.
    All true but some clubs and some brands can be very "hot" on these things.

Bottom line is that they hold the copyright.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im not sure who owns what when it comes to old football shirt designs. Score Draw make decent replicas, but they don't feature the OG manufacturers logo, although the actual shirt design is the same. They also omit the 3 stripes down the shoulders if they appeared on a kit originally made by Adidas. It seems the football clubs own the shirt design that's part of the main fabric, and the manufacturers logos are owned by their respective companies of course. So you could get the wrath of the club and OG manufacturer having their logo sold without their permission. That's if they can be bothered to chase after operations like this, and I very much doubt they would be. 
  • Options
    Just seen on Twitter, Blue Woolwich shirt available now.
  • Options
    Just seen on Twitter, Blue Woolwich shirt available now.
    Can’t see it on their website yet?

https://redrobinsretro.bigcartel.com/products
  • Options
    Sollied said:
    Talal said:
    castrust said:

no point in the club stopping it if they aren't going to do it themselves. there's clearly a market for these and fair play to Red Robins Retro, I've got one and it's really good
    Is there not an onus on the club to protect their copyright/trade marks (I.e badge, name etc). 

I vaguely recall Arsenal taking some guy that sold fake merchandise near the stadium on match days to court. I think part of their argument was essentially that they didn’t really want to take him to court (believe that if you will), however if they didn’t take steps to enforce their rights then it could be open season.

Summary here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_Football_Club_v_Reed
  • Options

Hi mate. What size did you go for? 

I had the original of that ecru one but lost it!! 😭
  • Options
    edited February 20
    se9addick said:
    Sollied said:
    Talal said:
    castrust said:

Is there not an onus on the club to protect their copyright/trade marks (I.e badge, name etc). 

I vaguely recall Arsenal taking some guy that sold fake merchandise near the stadium on match days to court. I think part of their argument was essentially that they didn’t really want to take him to court (believe that if you will), however if they didn’t take steps to enforce their rights then it could be open season.

Summary here:

yeah I agree - however there's a bit of a difference in Premier League Arsenal and us (lower L1 club)

I doubt there's a huge demand for our gear in comparison 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Sollied said:
    Talal said:
    castrust said:

Summary here:

I'd agree but the club don't even run the club shop.

If they brought retail back in house and started to look at the retail sales in more detail then it would make sense to deter people doing this sort of thing, if for no other reason than to allow them to do it themselves.

But right now I imagine they have other, bigger issues on their minds.
  • Options

that ecru shirt doesn't look right colour to me
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

that ecru shirt doesn't look right colour to me
    You can pick the original Ecru shirts up for less than what these guys charged.