Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Gillesphey signs from Plymouth for an undisclosed fee

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Thomas defensive side of the game is very solid, lots of times he wins and maintains possession of the ball under pressure with a neat bit of skill.

He also has that ability to step out with the ball on occasion as well. 

Issue for me is his clearances always feel like they get us in trouble somehow. 

• Options
    REG at RWB for me (at least until we get someone better than Watson). Then would like to see Jones, Hector and Gillesphey.
  • Options
    Did he play on the left of the back 3 or in the middle?

I believe he previously played more in the middle of the 3 but we have used him mainly on the left because he is left footed and Jones has been doing well in the middle. With Jones out interesting to know who got the nod there.
  • Options
    Did he play on the left of the back 3 or in the middle?

I believe he previously played more in the middle of the 3 but we have used him mainly on the left because he is left footed and Jones has been doing well in the middle. With Jones out interesting to know who got the nod there.
    On the left. Thomas middle
  • Options
    Potential captain next season?
  • Options
    @mendonca I couldnt agree more to this, I think hes the settling influence at the back after a shady start (shall we say - probs down to lack of footy), gives great balance with that magic left foot and since the goal saving block vs Pompey, has played out of his skin... was my MOTM last night... but that was a close thing with so many playing well vs Cheltenham.

Agreed he was my MOTM also. Some lovely cross field pings that I might even describe as Naby-like 
  • Options
    Agree with Covered & Naby.....he looks to have a bit of pace and power about him, as well as being able to give the ball a decent whack forward. Not bad in the air either. The sort of player who might do a job in The Championship. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Add me to the list of admirers.

He has looked very good recently and as a left footed option he has made us look more balanced. 
  • Options
    REG & Gillesphey have both been fantastic since Jones came in. Long may it continue
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Agree with Covered & Naby.....he looks to have a bit of pace and power about him, as well as being able to give the ball a decent whack forward. Not bad in the air either. The sort of player who might do a job in The Championship. 
    Plymouth outed him as they felt he is not championship standard.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Plymouth outed him as they felt he is not championship standard.
    He got injured and they changed from playing a back 3 to a back 4, so he had one less centre back spot to come back to. In a back 3 I think he might be championship level 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Potential captain next season?
    He's got to at least be part of the conversation there. Though I wonder if Jones will avoid having one captain and have the role rotate and switch from game to game.