Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Peterborough Utd : Saturday 13th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Dobson off of corners please.
  • Options
    Got God’s sake Appleton, make sure sure Alfie stays out wide!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Edun has his flaws but he's put one hell of a shift in today btw 
    Better as a wing back, I think. Suits him more naturally as he has some better cover behind him from the left centre back. He has had poor games but I think he been a bit over maligned at times. I think he offers more than Watson on the other side. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

How on earth have Posh not scored? Jones fires at legs of AMB, rebound saved again, then they hit the post from about 3 yards and then Randall somehow puts it wide with an open goal.
    We ae getting the luck that everyone says other teams get. 

We'll win this 2-1. 
  • Options
    Looked like Kanu was infringed in the box there
  • Options
    Bloody hell have Appleton and Ferguson agreed that the first half twas a bit shit so decided to put on more of a show this time?
  • Options

Goal number 20 of the campaign for Alfie May

• Options
    No idea if Kanu has the quality to play much higher but the running into space and energy he brings is vital right now. Sadly the Campbells just don’t bring enough energy to make up for their weaknesses, where Kanu does.
  • Options
    Kanu and Louis making a big difference second half...much more fight as it needs to be
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is why if we get a good striker in and CBT goes I will be sad but not baying for blood, as I think fitting them both into the same team means we lose something from one of them. 

May is quality, but looks even more quality when he has someone to work off just so much more involved. 
    Balance never looked correct with May, CBT +1. Someone was going to have suffer by playing out of position what ever formation we played.
  • Options
    Kanu and May showing again they may not be the biggest physically but they can harry and worry defences when they get to play as a pair. Kanu maybe still at that stage where he is better from the bench but it’s not a pairing we’ve used often enough, imo. 
  • Options
    Kin hell... either Posh are going down injured too easily or they're doing a bloody good job at ruining any momentum we're building.
  • Options
    20 mins ago they were singing about going up, now they’re time wasting to hold out for a 1–1 draw?! Embarrassing.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

How on earth have Posh not scored? Jones fires at legs of AMB, rebound saved again, then they hit the post from about 3 yards and then Randall somehow puts it wide with an open goal.
    We ae getting the luck that everyone says other teams get. 

We'll win this 2-1. 
    Have you forgot we will concede after the 80th minute. 
  • Options
    1. 59'

Post update

Ephron Mason-Clark (Peterborough United) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 59'

Post update

Foul by Lucas Ness (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Why could we see it wasn't working after 20 mins but it takes our goon of a manager till half time to do anything about it?
  • Options
    1. 60'

Post update

Delay in match because of an injury Jadel Katongo (Peterborough United).

• Options
    Ness giving a decent account of himself
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. 61'

Post update

Delay over. They are ready to continue.

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Ness giving a decent account of himself
    Yeah been the player I remember from last season today
  • Options
  • Options
    Why could we see it wasn't working after 20 mins but it takes our goon of a manager till half time to do anything about it?
    Almost like humans can react well to being given time to adjust. 

He made the right changes after giving the Campbell's a chance to turn their performances around.
  • Options
    FFS did we seriously just stop in our area with the ball, thinking we'd get a FK - Thank god we got away with it... mental
  • Options
    edited January 13
  • Options
    Reading game abandoned
  • Options
    Josh Magennis gets an equaliser for Wigan at Northampton 
  • Options
    edited January 13
    Reading now officially off.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!