Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Peterborough Utd : Saturday 13th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Made a good fist of the 2nd half.
  • Much better second half bit simple fact is we lost again.
  • edited January 13
    Are we ever going to win again?

Are we ever going to keep a clean sheet again?

Are we ever going to have a home game finish before 5pm again?

Which of those will happen first?
  • Worst referee at the valley this season? 
  • Oh you bastard referee!!... Blew up as a ball went into the Posh box

The effort went narrowly wide, but that was disgusting
    Score was as per his betting slip in his pocket...
  • The game was lost in the first half. Much better 2nd. Genuinely hope the two Campbells aren’t seen again.
  • Painful to lose given the second half performance.
  • edited January 13
    As for the team the performance was better in the second half, new signings mostly showed some quality. We look so much better when we play quickly. Oh and Kanu was brilliant off the bench. 352 from the start with him and May next time out please
  • Why do we insist on pissing about with it on the halfway line, with minutes to go!

constantly trying to play inside rather than take a man on and get down the line… we missed CBT big time
  • Sponsored links:

• Peterborough aren't as good as the table suggests. Defensive frailties let us down again
  • fenaddick said:
    Worst referee at the valley this season? 
    Don’t know about worst ref, but we have definitely seen the worst manager in a dugout at The Valley this season and it wasn’t Ferguson

• Four defeats in five, eight without a win, 14 without a clean sheet
  • A good effort there. Gives me a bit of hope.
  • Bakinson
    Coventry Dobbo

In a 352 could be incredible for the rest of the season 
  • Unlucky... As mentioned on the Match Preview, with the new signings that have come in, our next game vs Burton was always going to be the better time to judge them, what with the form Pish have been in.

Appleton certainly got a response second half and did the right thing putting Kanu and Louie Watson on, hopefully that gives the Campbells a bit of a kick up the rear to show the levels required of them.

Maynard-Brewer - Ness - Kanu, did alright from the over-rated Academy; League One might be their level for their careers, but its all we need for now... All three newbies looked promising from first showing.
  • edited January 13
    Can they turn off the drunken Posh yobs audio from the studio
  • Also thought the back 3 were good today. Ness looked more like he did last season
  • esseffect said:
    Bakinson
    Coventry Dobbo

Difficult one... Those three looked great, and think 3-5-2 could work with the right Wing-Backs, if I knew I was getting that I'd sell CBT to fund it, as we look better setup that way than 4-3-3
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 13
    ross1 said:

Four defeats in five, eight without a win, 14 without a clean sheet
    Yea but apart from that Appleton is doing a good job
  • Lot better second half 2 up front please please can we have 2 up front. Even if we lose least it’s better to watch than that first half garbage. 
  • Another defeat for Appleton. 
  • Dobson poor again in my opinion, just running around like a headless chicken trying to put in slide tackles
  • Another defeat for Appleton. 
    Undeserved result really on the second half performance
  • esseffect said:
    Bakinson
    Coventry Dobbo

Difficult one... Those three looked great, and think 3-5-2 could work with the right Wing-Backs, if I knew I was getting that I'd sell CBT to fund it, as we look better setup that way than 4-3-3
    Yeah. Edun and Watson defensively lacking but perhaps because unorganised when some players should be covering. 

I was livid watching Watson walking for their 2nd but he should have had cover
  • Kanu coming on to help May changed things 
    Campbells were abysmal
    Our defence is poor.  Still.
    The manager struggles to get a first half performance out of a side. 
    The new signings will help but we can't stop conceding goals.   That has to change or results won't improve massively......
  • ross1 said:

Four defeats in five, eight without a win, 14 without a clean sheet
    And, it has to be said, in the third tier.

That's proper shite.
  • edited January 13
    1 win in 11 League One games - almost a quarter of the season. 
  • Abysmal first half. Better second half. Remember  2 of the signings are loan players won’t be here next year. Appleton out. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!