Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Australian Open 2024

Djokovic unexpectedly drops a set against Aussie Alexei Popyrin.

Level in the third set.

Comments

• Options
    Shame he won the tie break! Don't like Novak but even if I did it would be nice for some fresh blood to come through.
  • Options
    Shame he won the tie break! Don't like Novak but even if I did it would be nice for some fresh blood to come through.
    Not much chance of that yet. 17th time in his last 20 grand slams that he's reached at least the semi final.

Although i think the way he's playing, Alcaraz has a strong chance of beating him if they meet in the final.
  • Options
    Sinner will beat Novak.
  • Options
    Sinner will beat Novak.
    Really hope so but never worth getting your hopes up with Djokovic!

Sinner v Alcaraz was great at the US Open a couple of years back, would take a rerun of that.
  • Options
    edited January 25
    Women’s semi finals…
    • Yastremska [Q] v Zheng [12]
    • Gauff [4] v Sabalenka [2]

Men’s semi finals…
    • Djokovic [1] v Sinner [4]
    • Medvedev [3] v Zverev [6]

Turned out to be an unfortunate draw for the Brits as Boulter was knocked out by semi finalist Zheng and Norrie by semi finalist Zverev.
  • Options
    Zheng def. Yastremska 6-4 6-4

Sabalenka def. Gauff 7-6 6-4

Zheng vs Sabalenka in the women’s final
  • Options
    Sinner will beat Novak.
    Told you. Beaten Novak 3 of the last 4 times they've played 
  • Options
    edited January 26
    First time that Djokovic has been in the last four of the Aus Open and not won the whole thing. 20 wins and 0 losses in semi-finals and finals before today. Bonkers stat.
  • Options
    Sinner will beat Novak.
    Told you. Beaten Novak 3 of the last 4 times they've played 
    You did!!  Good call.

And I'm very pleased!!
  • Options
    Medvedev wins from 2 sets down- long match too whereas Sinner was done in 4 including a 6-1 and a 6-2 - could be fresher?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First time since 2005 that at least one of Djokovic, Federer or Nadal will not be in the final.