Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Freddie Ladapo joins on loan from Ipswich

Good to finally get onboard 

Comments

• Options
    Corey who? ;) 
  • Options
    Have to say, I thought he was going to be the new Darren Purse/Hayden Mullens/Andy Delort.

Good to get a striker in, and an experienced one with a decent track record at this level. Welcome Freddie.
  • Options
    Pleased with this, "only" a loan but ticks a lot of boxes - size, age, experience, record all good.
  • Options
    His Brother will be delighted
  • Options
    At least he didn’t use the ubiquitous “buzzing” in his interview!!  Now that is a good signing.  Maybe just maybe this lot mean business after all. If you’d said before the window we’d get Coventry, Ladapo (loan) and two supposedly decent centre half’s on permanent deals we’d have been singing and dancing (well I’d just have been singing…🦵).  Need some new wing backs now. Edun may be ok now that he doesn’t have to carry CBT’s bags for him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am impressed we have managed to get him in. For a loanee to smile that way, I doubt we would have seen it if JCH signed on a perm.

Does anybody know about the fee? @Sage, @Swisdom, @DubaiCAFC. Have we gone "large" hoping this means we'll go on a play-off charge, or are we trying to build adequately for next season (which might see this converted to a perm if all happy)? 
  • Options
    I posted this on the Match Preview thread at One o'clock ish

ross1 said:
    I think FA, it would be wiser to do your preview Friday evening, to allow for players coming and going 🤣
    yeah, I saw Ladapo mentioned and thought, nay hoped, we'd signed Freddie from the Tractor Boys, BUT, of course we hadn't 

BUT now we have .. He will be a perfect foil for Alfie, Alfie n Freddie .. he's a Romford boy, right age, experienced and has a decent scoring record over recent seasons, I am surprised Ipswich let him loose .. VERY VERY happy with this one and no wonder Appleton had a bit of a smile in his boat race during his most recent interview when teasing us about 'getting a few more through the door'
  • Options
    Feels like we've been talking about him possibly coming in for years and years. Has done well at this level the last four years he's played in it and two seasons ago he scored 17 goals while helping create space for Conor Chaplin behind him to score, which will hopefully work well with May. There's been question marks over his work rate and attitude before but fingers crossed it'll be a good 6 months on loan where he's brilliant (and then as always happens we'll sign him permanently and he'll be rubbish).
  • Options
    We were ‘delighted’ to sign Edmonds-Green.

We are ‘thrilled’ to sign Ladapo.

Which adjective will we use for Ikpeazu?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Excellent signing I know a lot of criticism comes with loan signings but to sign a proven goal scorer at this level you do what it takes, loan now and buy in the summer will do very nicely.
  • Options
    Excellent signing I know a lot of criticism comes with loan signings but to sign a proven goal scorer at this level you do what it takes, loan now and buy in the summer will do very nicely.
    Loans are fine. Dud loans like 3 of ours are not.
  • Options
    As loanees go he's more of a JRS than a Tedic......goal wise that is.
  • Options
    edited January 19
    Freddie! Freeedieeee Ladapo he scores the goals for me dododoodoooo dododooooo
    (tune of JJ’s old song)
  • Options
    I have thought Ladapo should be the one for months. He has a physical presence and we need that up front. It will help May too. Ideally I would like to see proper wing backs. I think Assimwe should be one of them and we need to push the boat out for the other. Watson and Edun should be back ups.
  • Options
    I presume they're not related - Seeing that nothing has been mentioned about it
    no mention on eithers 'biography''
  • Options
    I presume they're not related - Seeing that nothing has been mentioned about it
    Brothers I believe 
  • Options
    Good news, please stay fit!