Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Freddie Ladapo joins on loan from Ipswich

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Is he out of contact in the summer? 
    2025 apparently: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/freddie-ladapo/profil/spieler/233998
  • Options
    The bloke looks the part for this division, very cool
    in front of the box, very classy and confident 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    RedRobin said:
    Swisdom said:
    Pretty sure Freddie and Tolu are not brothers.  I’m sure I’ve asked at the club before 
    Always thought they were. Why else would the club post this? 

Because Tolu scored?
    Its to do with the name, they are brothers…..
  • Options
    I remember him turning Sam Lavelle and thinking it was time for Lavelle to leave.  (in order: bottom, top, middle, goal).

• Options
    Great signing - exactly what the doctor ordered - lets make it permanent asap
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    mendonca said:
    RedRobin said:
    Swisdom said:
    Pretty sure Freddie and Tolu are not brothers.  I’m sure I’ve asked at the club before 

Because Tolu scored?
    Not sure they are, the club haven’t confirmed that anywhere.
  • Options
    A decent signing I have heard of. Probably says more about me than the other signings to be fair. 

Out for six weeks ten minutes after making his debut...   
  • Options
    The couple of times I’ve seen him I thought he looked ok. 
    Will have to see how he beds in before writing him off/deciding he’s mustard. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    mendonca said:
    RedRobin said:
    Swisdom said:

Because Tolu scored?
    Ipswich seem to think that they are?! I’m sure it’ll be revealed soon enough but always thought that was common knowledge,

• Options
    edited January 20
    Kap10 said:
    Suddenly the season has an injection of life, at least till we see them play and the formation. Some of us will logically know that we are not goingbto get top 6, but there will be a nagging hope if we go on a run from now we will be so close, so ever so close and possibly, just possibly on the last day of the season we may slip into a play off spot!

The mantra of Charlton fans for years, "Hope over Expectation"

Only to be blown out of the water by that floating landmine😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedRobin said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    mendonca said:
    RedRobin said:
    Swisdom said:

Because Tolu scored?
    Ipswich seem to think that they are?! I’m sure it’ll be revealed soon enough but always thought that was common knowledge,

Tolu looked pretty sharpon the only occasion I saw him play (on Charlton TV). One to watch maybe. 
  • Options
    Didn't realise he was a palace w****r
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Ladapo: "I'm really happy to be joining Charlton. I'm so excited to be here and I'm looking forward to seeing what we can achieve during the rest of the season.”

Appleton: “Freddie’s a massive goal threat who brings lots of quality. He’s a player who’s comfortable playing with his back to goal and running towards goal. He’s very quick, he’s athletic, he’s got a very good record at this level and he’s a really exciting signing. I think everyone is going to look forward to having him on board.”

Scott: “Freddie is someone we’ve been after for a long time. He’s got a proven record of scoring goals in this league and getting promotions. He’s been at Ipswich most recently and shown he can compete in the Championship as well. It’s a major coup to be able to bring in a player of his quality.”

I can't wait to see this.  Seems bonkers. 
    He’s the fastest backwards runner in the league - shields his way past defenders at high speed 😂
  • Options
    Really hope we do play 2 up top now, and not something like Ladapo and Kanu, with May as the replacement for CBT on the left wing.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Really hope we do play 2 up top now, and not something like Ladapo and Kanu, with May as the replacement for CBT on the left wing.
    100% - if apples doesn’t do that he shouldn’t just be sacked but arrested, deported and put in an asylum 
  • Options
    edited January 20
    2 goals in 17 matches!! This is Ralph Milne or Carl leaburn stats! So excited by this "massive signing".

Pandas score more than this!! 
    He will score a fair number for us I think. We look a lot better with a fit Aneke and he will give us similar qualities. Maybe he is a bit more mobile and slightly less powerful but he is a strong player and this will help May greatly IMO. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    mendonca said:
    100% - if apples doesn’t do that he shouldn’t just be sacked but arrested, deported and put in an asylum 
    Seconded
  • Options
    Hopefully he’ll get bums on seats, and off seats.
  • Options
    Starts today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brown just commented that he thinks the Ladapo deal was supposed to be permanent but due to a late change it turned into a loan. 
  • Options
    Brown just commented that he thinks the Ladapo deal was supposed to be permanent but due to a late change it turned into a loan. 
    Hopefully something that will happen in the summer. 
  • Options
    Wonder if negotiations were dragging over a permanent deal, meaning we wouldnt have had him today had we not turned it into a loan.
  • Options
    There is just under 2 weeks of the transfer window left what late hiccup ? 
  • Options
    Wonder if it’s to do with CBT deal not completing and impact regarding the FFP rules (or whatever the correct term is)? 
  • Options
    Not impressed today….hope he picks it up
  • Options
    Wonder if negotiations were dragging over a permanent deal, meaning we wouldnt have had him today had we not turned it into a loan.
    Think it’s because his Ipswich contract will include financial reward for him if they get promoted, so he won’t want to leave that contract permanently 
  • Options
    He looked knackered after 60 minutes. Probably another player we're going to run into the ground in our desperation for points and he'll ultimately end up injured.
  • Options
    edited January 20

TT & Bakinson were positives today. Both nearly scored and Bakinson set up Kanu who should have scored, rather than hit the bar. Coventry was ok. Edun was ok. Ness was poor, but nowhere near as bad as some were saying. 
    And May worked hard. That tackle at the end was crazy, but you could see where it came from. The weird thing was, he chased back so well that it looked like he could have taken the ball, but chose to take the man instead. Raging. But not just against his teammates, he missed a few chances himself. 
    In the second half they pressed us high up the pitch and we couldn’t cope. Can we not adapt our tactics to deal with it? Maybe move Bakinson up the pitch, and go long to him and Ladapo. Change it up a bit. Stop us being so predictable. 
    On Tuesday we need to replicate the second half v. Peterborough, and the first half yesterday. The performances, not the scores obvs.