Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Burton Albion Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 20th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Has he gone yet?
  • Options
    Lovely pass from Gillesphey gets Edun behind the full back and his pulled back cross is tamely met by Kanu. Easy save
    I do admire your positivity but I’m struggling with this performance, only thing you can say is it’s early days for some of these new players but Appleton doesn’t fill me with much confidence that he can get anything out of this squad. I don’t know what the answer is, we’ve had so much change and turmoil.
  • Options
    2-0 and Appleton absolutely motionless on the touch line.
    He really isn't very good is he.
  • Options
    How many games without a win now??
    November 28th. And even that needed two penalties!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Think the Burton cameraman is just trying to identify blondes in the crowd now
    From the sound of it, that seems more entertaining.
  • Options
    Any optimism we had from the 6 signings has evaporated already, extraordinary.
  • Options
    Greg talking about the conversations they had with Burton fans at half time, home fans said we were the best side they'd seen at home this season...
    Wonder if they have the same opinion at the end of the game. 

45 minute wonder. 
  • Options

Louie Watson coming on soon. Delay though as there's an issue with the ref's earpiece

Oh good, he will score twice in 5 minutes, eh MA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got here. BBC say we’ve had 73% possession. What the fuck has gone wrong?!
    Most of it tippy tappy stuff in our own half going absolutely nowhere.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    Nug said:
    Lovely pass from Gillesphey gets Edun behind the full back and his pulled back cross is tamely met by Kanu. Easy save
    I do admire your positivity but I’m struggling with this performance, only thing you can say is it’s early days for some of these new players but Appleton doesn’t fill me with much confidence that he can get anything out of this squad. I don’t know what the answer is, we’ve had so much change and turmoil.
    It's shite and to be honest, if I wasn't able to find anything positive to hold onto then I would've just turned off rather than stay here and post with negativity.
  • Options
    L Watson now on for Ladapo. 

Maybe we're playing a diamond?

I do think Ladapo looked bright in the first half. 
  • Options
    QPR 2-0
  • Options
    QPR 2 Millwall 0

Any port in a storm. 
  • Options
    We’ll not win with this idiot managing us. I’ve no idea how he’s survived this long. Time to acknowledge that they royally messed appointing him and simply must get rid of him.
  • Options
    Do managers/coaches still bring in naughty teams on a Sunday for additional training as punishment, if not, why not?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

L. Watson is on for Ladapo
  • Options
    edited January 20
    Rob said:
    I think Appleton will be gone after this game. Back to the manager merry-go-round but it has to be. He is truly bad. 
    I get that the new players have been sold a club and system with him at the helm, however they are all seasoned pro's so must know with the run we've had, his days are very much numbered. 
  • Options
    To have dominated the first half as we did, you'd have expected us to kick on second half and carry on as we had. Instead we came out shaky and it's like the team talk weakened us mentally.
  • Options
    2-0 and Appleton absolutely motionless on the touch line.
    He really isn't very good is he.
    Doesn't even talk to the player coming off the bench whilst the Burton manager is taking to his players.
  • Options
    Greg talking about the conversations they had with Burton fans at half time, home fans said we were the best side they'd seen at home this season...
    Doesn’t say much for the rest of the division. We had a lot of the ball but we were hardly legging in behind them none of our chances were really clear cut one. 
  • Options
    League 1 very weak this season.😁
  • Options
    Who needs CBT ?
    He was "on strike", anyway 

• Options
    They won’t be saying the same at full time!
  • Options
    From the lift of some decent signings, Appleton manages to ruin it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!