Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

10 years today

Apologies for the self indulgent thread, but...

I just wanted to share that I've been a CharltonLife member for 10 years - today (NZT)! 

When I first joined, Guy Luzon was 11 days into the job. Charlton were 14th in the Championship.

The same day I joined CL, Charlton faced up to Wolves which resulted in a nil-nil 'stop the Boob Peeters rot' result....stop the Boob Peeters rot and replace it with, well...

We didn't all know it at the time, but we were on the precipice of a farcical 10 years and counting...

I have spent that topsy-turvy decade with you all. Charlton Life has certainly added to the excitement and intrigue (it has a sort of self perpetuating quality to it).

Thank you for all your company and a special acknowledgment to those of the CharltonLife family who have passed away and escaped the madness - splitters.

My personal stats: 

24,107 visits
2,740 posts
2,188 likes
7,228 LOLs
55 threads started
1 magnificent promote

Comments

• Options

I just wanted to share that I've been a CharltonLife member for 10 years - today (NZT)! 

When I first joined, Guy Luzon was 11 days into the job. Charlton were 14th in the Championship.

The same day I joined CL, Charlton faced up to Wolves which resulted in a nil-nil 'stop the Boob Peeters rot' result....stop the Boob Peeters rot and replace it with, well...

We didn't all know it at the time, but we were on the precipice of a farcical 10 years and counting...

I have spent that topsy-turvy decade with you all. Charlton Life has certainly added to the excitement and intrigue (it has a sort of self perpetuating quality to it).

Thank you for all your company and a special acknowledgment to those of the CharltonLife family who have passed away and escaped the madness - splitters.

My personal stats: 

24,107 visits
    2,740 posts
    2,188 likes
    7,228 LOLs
    55 threads started
    1 magnificent promote
    Can't believe it's ten years since the Stop Boob Peeters campaign 

• Options
    Chizz said:

My personal stats: 

24,107 visits
    2,740 posts
    2,188 likes
    7,228 LOLs
    55 threads started
    1 magnificent promote
    Can't believe it's ten years since the Stop Boob Peeters campaign 

Charlton athletics manager bob peeters hi-res stock photography and images  - Alamy

(Doesn't quite have the same impact as the Appleton meme, does it?)

Cercle Brugge zet coach Bob Peeters aan de deur  De Morgen
  • Options
    Every ten years a coach/manager comes or goes apparently. I can see it now:  24/02/2034 -  Pep retires from Charlton gig following back to back Champions League trophies .
  • Options
    The next ten years will be crucial