Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wedding Reception Venue - any suggestions?

13»

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    sam3110 said:
    Had my whole wedding day in the Tudor Barn Eltham, lovely upstairs hall and the grounds are fantastic for photos too 

The upstairs can be split in two as well so for instance the far end of the hall we used for the day ceremony which was more intimate with just 40 guests, but the curtains you see got drawn back and the wedding breakfast and reception took place on the other side/the whole floor respectively once the evening kicked off
    Looks great, thank you. Nice suit by the way - jealous that you're able to look good in something a bit adventurous. Any deviation from grey or blue makes me look like a drag queen!
    Oh, is Sam not a drag queen??

:-) 
    Haha only on weekends the wife is away 😂
  • Options
    Despite a couple of posts above I would highly un-recommend the Tudor Barn! Beautiful place but the management are dreadful.

We had to postpone our first wedding day because of Covid and the stress they put us through trying to re-arrange it was awful. They first tried to force us to re-arrange for a midweek date in November when we'd paid for a Saturday in May. We said we'd rather push it back by a year to the following summer but they said they had no Saturdays free. We had one of our friends email them pretending to be interested in summer 2021 dates, and lo and behold they had loads of Saturdays free. They'd blatantly lied to us. The woman who ran the place (not sure whether she still does) was so rude. So my advice would be not the Tudor Barn!
  • Options
    A place with good public transport services, so guests can get drunk without being tempted to drive.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    A place with good public transport services, so guests can get drunk without being tempted to drive.
    Japan?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Hello @MrLargo, I've shot at a load of wedding venues across London and the South East over the last 10 years.

Of some of the venues listing in here, some are good, some are very good...and some are not so good, and a few are, well, I wouldnt advise at all.

Without wanting to offend anyone, happy to discuss over DM.

I'm assuming you're not redoing the ceremony, just having the party?  If so, I've got a few suggestions for you.
    Hello @JohnBoyUK , thanks very much, will DM you.
  • Options
    matt88 said:
    Despite a couple of posts above I would highly un-recommend the Tudor Barn! Beautiful place but the management are dreadful.

We had to postpone our first wedding day because of Covid and the stress they put us through trying to re-arrange it was awful. They first tried to force us to re-arrange for a midweek date in November when we'd paid for a Saturday in May. We said we'd rather push it back by a year to the following summer but they said they had no Saturdays free. We had one of our friends email them pretending to be interested in summer 2021 dates, and lo and behold they had loads of Saturdays free. They'd blatantly lied to us. The woman who ran the place (not sure whether she still does) was so rude. So my advice would be not the Tudor Barn!
    You're not the first person with complaints.  Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, sadly.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I've already suggested SouthEastern!!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

You were really lucky you had your wedding on a bright day outside.
    There's is a real lack of natural light in that room, especially when they've pulled the yellow curtains at the back.
    Spare a thought for those brides that decided to have a twilight wedding there... and then tell the photographer they would rather you didn't use flash.  Sigh.

I make a point of telling Tudor Barn brides as soon as they make an enquiry what the score is.
  • Options
    @JohnBoyUK

Apologies mate, tried two different browsers, from phone and laptop, but keep getting a "Something's gone wrong" screen every time I try to send you a message. Obviously goes without saying that I'd be very grateful indeed for any advice you can give me. Perhaps you could send me a quick DM - maybe it'll work for me if I'm replying to you rather than starting a new message.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    sam3110 said:

There's is a real lack of natural light in that room, especially when they've pulled the yellow curtains at the back.
    Spare a thought for those brides that decided to have a twilight wedding there... and then tell the photographer they would rather you didn't use flash.  Sigh.

I make a point of telling Tudor Barn brides as soon as they make an enquiry what the score is.
    25th Feb would you believe?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Gribbo said:
    Congratulations... I got married at Charlton House, with both the Ceremony and Reception there, the latter is in a beautiful library type section of the building too. 

Failing that have you thought about contacting Southeastern? 
    Fingered my first bird behind Charlton House ✌️
    Is there a blue plaque to commemorate the event?
    Have to see when I shuffle off this mortal coil.

It ain't like there was a former British PM who was the only to ever be assassinated lived there, after all.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    sam3110 said:

25th Feb would you believe?
    Blimey, you've had some luck there my friend!
  • Options
    @MrLargo, looks like the messages arent working.

My website is here: https://www.johndriscollphotography.co.uk/, drop me a message and I'll get back to you sharpish.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    @MrLargo, looks like the messages arent working.

My website is here: https://www.johndriscollphotography.co.uk/, drop me a message and I'll get back to you sharpish.
    Done, thanks very much indeed @johnboyUK