Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Racon on verge of signing

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
according to OS

Alan Pardew was hoping to continue his summer recruitment drive by snapping up highly rated French midfielder Therry Racon on Friday.

In his weekly meeting with the media, the Addicks manager said the 23-year-old, who currently plays for Guingamp, was due to undergo a medical with a view to a move to The Valley.

"We are trying to sign someone today, and he's having a medical,” Pardew told the press.

"We feel we've had good success with Yassin Moutaouakil since he has been here, and Therry is coming from the same division.

"He is a central midfielder with fantastic athletic ability and agility and I like the look of his composure.

"It's an area I felt we needed to strengthen and both he and ZiZi will be strong competition for the likes of Ambrose, Semedo and Matty Holland."

Pardew added: "He's a young player finding his way, but we have high hopes for him."

The fee for Racon is 550,000 euros, and he is expected to sign a four-year contract over the weekend, but will not be involved in Saturday's game against Scunthorpe United.

Racon's arrival would bring the number of summer signings made by Pardew to a round dozen, and would be the third new recruit in the space of 48 hours following Thursday's purchase of Izale McLeod and Zheng Zhi.

Racon, who began his career with Marseille but played just one match for the French giants, joined Guingamp in 2005 and had a year left on his contract with the Ligue 2 side.

After leaving the Stade Velodrome he signed for L'Orient, for whom he scored three goals in 28 games in 2004/05.

Former Guingamp players include France internationals Jean-Pierre Papin and Vincent Candela, new Chelsea signing Florent Malouda and his Blues teammate Didier Drogba.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, yeah chinny racon you big fibber.

Coat...
  • Options
    I have a feeling that there'll be at least one more signing before the transfer window closes. I still think they need a bit more cover at centre half. Not convinced by Paddy or Magic.
  • Options
    Look at the Racon that !!!
  • Options
    i racon this could be a very shrewd signing
  • Options
    I racon he's French
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]I have a feeling that there'll be at least one more signing before the transfer window closes. I still think they need a bit more cover at centre half. Not convinced by Paddy or Magic.

Agree 100%. And a proven one at that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i racon this could be a very shrewd signing

I racoon this could be a very shrew signing

Scarf...
  • Options
    Ive heard he's Therry good
  • Options
    As the headline on Charlton MAD says (cheap pop to get you to look at my articles!!), Addicks To Bring Home The Racon!!

http://www.charltonathletic-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?CID=TMNW
  • Options
    Liverpool wanted him, but he wanted a club further South - Therry wouldn't cross the Mersey.

Hat...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    competition for the likes of Holland,Semedo and Ambrose. What, not Faye ? God I hope he's going. Another centre half and I'll be ecstatic. Happy I'm going to Swindon as we may see Rocky Racoon, ZZ and Izale.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite] Happy I'm going to Swindon as we may see Rocky Racoon, ZZ and Izale.

Large, do you know if Swindon will be pay on the door???
  • Options
    I see we are racon up the old puns again.
  • Options
    If true I would suggest the 4 year thing means we rate him quite highly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]If true I would suggest the 4 year thing means we rate him quite highly

'if true'. It's on the O/S so I reckon it's true.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Happy I'm going to Swindon as we may see Rocky Racoon, ZZ and Izale.

Large, do you know if Swindon will be pay on the door???

sorry no idea Stanmore.
  • Options
    can't see why not Stanmore. Different world now mate
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    We wont sign him, pards was probably joking, knowing what a raconteur he is...

very weak.
    good night.