Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

In the dog house, cleaning advice needed.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Our hob looks like that a few times a week at least. They are a pain to clean, tried in the first few weeks but they get all kinds of stubborn stuff on then. Often when they get hot enough they self clean anyway. My philosophy - kitchen stuff is made to be used, not look like new!
    I wish she had that philosophy also mate, I said to her if she made this mark I honestly wouldn’t care.

anyhow, been told to stand down and the mother in law is coming over on Sunday to have a look at it. Brilliant. 
    Mate, I'd be doing everything possible to sort it before then! You will never hear the end of it, be raised at every Christmas dinner from now on.......... 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Our hob looks like that a few times a week at least. They are a pain to clean, tried in the first few weeks but they get all kinds of stubborn stuff on then. Often when they get hot enough they self clean anyway. My philosophy - kitchen stuff is made to be used, not look like new!
    I wish she had that philosophy also mate, I said to her if she made this mark I honestly wouldn’t care.

anyhow, been told to stand down and the mother in law is coming over on Sunday to have a look at it. Brilliant. 
    Good thinking, my mother in law could strip gloss paint just flying past the house! 🧙‍♀️
  • Options
    edited February 9
    Hob scrapper as others have said.  But also these cloths do a fantastic job https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07KKZP6YF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1
    They feel a bit like a cat's tongue, not smooth like a microfibre cloth and work well with your hob cleaner of choice. Expensive but they last very well as long as you don't use them for random cleaning jobs.
  • Options
    On the upside if the MIL sorts it you may well find yourself banned from the cooking in future for fear of damaging it again and the cooking duties won’t be yours?
  • Options
    10 quid on Amazon reviews well too.

I have one of these…..(think I got it from ScrewFix)…..will “definitely” do the job for you…..as well as having a handy little gadget in your kitchen draw for a multitude of uses.
  • Options
    Its your Solenoid ....... Oops wrong thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

Perfect excuse to stay out on the piss until early hours Monday then mate
  • Options
    Karcher Jet Wash
  • Options
    edited February 10
    Chizz said:
    Just a word of caution. Some of the products are quite caustic and can cause irritation, especially if spilled onto hands. The simulation to this is to get heavy duty gloves. 

Amazon have some good choices, but make sure you know what size she takes before you buy her them. 
    Don't matter now, mil doing it
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Just a word of caution. Some of the products are quite caustic and can cause irritation, especially if spilled onto hands. The simulation to this is to get heavy duty gloves. 

Amazon have some good choices, but make sure you know what size she takes before you buy her them. 
    Chizz…..he just needs to buy a razor scraper and he won’t need any nasty chemicals, it will be clean as a whistle in about a minute or so with a scraper.
    Trust me, I do know what I’m talking about with this one.

• Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz…..he just needs to buy a razor scraper and he won’t need any nasty chemicals, it will be clean as a whistle in about a minute or so with a scraper.
    Trust me, I do know what I’m talking about with this one.

Or better still scalpel or craft hobby  blades.

• Options
    I'll make you feel better @DoctorCharlton.  We've got an Elica induction hob at home with the built in extractor fan.  It got chipped by me and we replaced it.  I chipped it again 24hrs after the new one was installed! I literally pulled a glass pint bottle of milk out of the fridge, for it to slip then I managed to half juggle it at about 7 or 8 attempted grabs to try and get it on the worktop as I was barefooted and was risking my feet getting slashed and it cracked the new one, right across.

To say my wife was pissed off with me was an understatement.  Luckily, her ex-husband sourced our kitchen appliances for us as he's in the trade and he managed to get another glass top for it for us.  We now have a protective cover on it for when its not in use!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    I'll make you feel better @DoctorCharlton.  We've got an Elica induction hob at home with the built in extractor fan.  It got chipped by me and we replaced it.  I chipped it again 24hrs after the new one was installed! I literally pulled a glass pint bottle of milk out of the fridge, for it to slip then I managed to half juggle it at about 7 or 8 attempted grabs to try and get it on the worktop as I was barefooted and was risking my feet getting slashed and it cracked the new one, right across.

To say my wife was pissed off with me was an understatement.  Luckily, her ex-husband sourced our kitchen appliances for us as he's in the trade and he managed to get another glass top for it for us.  We now have a protective cover on it for when it’s not in use!
    We had an AEG one with integrated extractor fitted in our kitchen island when we had our extension done. Been worried about it getting cracked from day one, especially given how clumsy my wife is. I wanted to stick with gas but was advised to switch to electric and was overruled. To be fair, it is good but would still rather gas.
  • Options
    Claim off the insurance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has the poor dog got his kennel back now ?