Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Somethings don't change!! -The Charlton board

Now that the close season has less than 24 hours to go, think it's a very fair comment to make that, allbeit in very different circumstances, yet again, Richard Murray and the board have done us proud.

We're a sensibly run club- and yes, dispite Burnley's disgust, we do have the parachute money, but the backing that Alan Pardew has been given, under difficult circumstances has been fantastic. Personally, we've invested and built more, this close season, than i'd ever thought we would.

Can't wait to see (New) Charlton run out tomorrow and amongst all the cheering for the new players and Pardew,yet again, I'll be raising a little pre-match toast to Mr Murray and his board!

Comments

• Options
    Here Here

"For he's a jolly good fellow......"
  • Options
    very well put Stanmore. The buying strategy is that of the manager, the delivery is that of the board. And they have delivered 12 new faces that the manager wanted, whilst dealing with the necessity of tightening purse strings.

The ZZ signing is a real show of faith because i know how keen Pardew was to get him.
  • Options
    Good post stan, agreed
  • Options
    here, here !!
  • Options
    Good post.

Despite what happened with the (proven to be shite) signings last summer I still have the utmost (blind?) faith in the board and our man Pards.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!
  • Options
    to get around the parachute cash (issue if it comes to it) alls they needs to do is give the relegated teams more money up front when they gets relegated.
  • Options
    Good post
  • Options
    well said
  • Options
    I agree, I would rather have our board than any other, with or without pots of cash.

We must have the biggest squad in the CCC, good mix of experience and some real potential - Semedo, Moo2kil, Varney, Izzy - some cash in the future too (if we have written the contracts right)
  • Options
    well put stanmore i couldnt agree more!calling for a bit of patience today lads/ladessess....i fully expect a victory but think they could take a while to break down..plus were not full strength. i cant wait i really cant.....COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!