Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Port Vale - Darren Moore appointed as Manager.

Just seen that Darren Moore has taken over at Port Vale
Great appointment for them and will certainly give them a lift.

Does us absolutely zero favours and tonight's game just got a little more pressure to it in terms of the result needed in my opinion.

Port Vale FC Appoint Darren Moore as Manager | News | Port Vale (port-vale.co.uk)  

Comments

• Options
    I think DM will be in a similar position to Jones. Too little too late 
  • Options
    cant see us both going down. 
  • Options
    5 and half year contract  :o
  • Options
    Be interesting to see who wins more games, scores more goals, keep clean sheets. The only thing separating us atm is Goal Difference.
  • Options
    That is madness in modern day football. I thought Jones's 4.5 year deal was crazy but that is ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited February 13
    That is madness in modern day football. I thought Jones's 4.5 year deal was crazy but that is ridiculous.
    Neither will see out their contract.

This is not a bad appointment for them and will give them a fighting chance as Moore knows this level.
  • Options

Completely different ball game to Sheffield Wednesday, where he had one of, if not the best squad in the league. He was terrible at Huddersfield.
    He did a decent job prior to that at Doncaster in L1.
  • Options

Completely different ball game to Sheffield Wednesday, where he had one of, if not the best squad in the league. He was terrible at Huddersfield.
    He did a decent job prior to that at Doncaster in L1.
    100 points for Wednesday would normally get automatic promotion.
  • Options
    One certainly looking likely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well Reading pulling away from bottom 4,I am certain Cheltenham can also survive. 

So Port Vale and ourselves could still both end up in Division 2 next season.
  • Options
    Was really keen on him  coming to us when he was available,  but think we swerved a bullet there tbh
  • Options
    New manager bounce is worrying but otherwise not bothered. Very average manager who won’t get another big club
  • Options
    seems like desperation from Vale who are usually a very cautious and penny conscious run club by Mrs Shanahan .. I am not convinced that Moore will dig them out of trouble, I certainly hope that he won't
  • Options
    Well Reading pulling away from bottom 4,I am certain Cheltenham can also survive. 

So Port Vale and ourselves could still both end up in Division 2 next season.
    Division 4 :'(