Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Wright DJ RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    So sad . My Favourite BBC DJ of all time . I used to love Mr Angry when he was on radio 1 - RIP 
  • Options
    RIP.
    Used to have his radio one afternoon show on at work when I was on tools.
    His characters Mr Angry and Easy Life were funny but my favourite was “hardcore - you know the score- DJ Wakner - Spacious”
  • Options
    edited February 14
    RIP Steve, was an enjoyable listen when he was on. 
    We had him on the radio driving to Reading. Wouldn't have thought that was the last time I would have heard his voice doing Pick of the Pops. 

Loved his afternoon show - Factoids, The old lady and Ask Elvis. 

RIP.
  • Options
    What a shock. Like others, listened throughout his radio1 stint then became a radio2 listener when he moved.
    RIP Steve
  • Options
    Very sad.  RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Steve 
  • Options
    Broadcaster legend. Great friendly and instantly recognisable voice. A big loss to the airwaves. 
  • Options
    Would make me cry with laughter. Wonderful funny man. 69 far too young.
    RIP Steve.
  • Options
    Was thinking of him on Saturday as Tilehurst near Reading was home of Patch the dog
  • Options
    Total shock. Absolute legend. RIP Steve 😔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grew up listening to him on the radio with the Romeo & Juliet music to Our Tune embedded firmly in my head along with his voice. RIP
  • Options
    For some reason I can always remember Mr Angry "...that Bryan Ferry, he's raving sophisticated!l
  • Options
    edited February 14
    Serious(ly good) broadcastin', no 'g'.

RIP Steve.
  • Options
    RIP. Loved his shows over the years.
  • Options
    He'll be "seriously jockin, No G" up in the great turntables in the sky now!
  • Options
    RIP Big man
  • Options
    RIP ...a great radio Dj ..didn't seem to transfer to TV that well..he did seem to put on a lot of weight during his latter years .he ll be missed 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    RIP ...a great radio Dj ..didn't seem to transfer to TV that well..he did seem to put on a lot of weight during his latter years .he ll be missed 
    Thats a shame, I don't think you will find many on this forum, including myself, that would apply too. Mainly because you only get 9 chips.
  • Options
    edited February 14
    He did like a joke so I hope he finds this funny 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rest Easy Steve 
  • Options
    Great DJ and broadcaster will be sadly missed, what on earth were the BBC thinking of dropping his weekday afternoon show. RIP Stevie a sound of our lifetime.
  • Options
    Plumbed into Pick of the Pops
    1980, the year of Steve Wrights first Radio 1 broadcast.
    Gary Davies is struggling to hold it together bless him.
  • Options
    One of the few disc jockies I had time for. RIP. Radio will be a greater loss without him. 
  • Options
    Passing away at 69? EASY LIFFFEEEE!!!!!

(sorry, maybe too soon)
  • Options
    Lisa Tarbuck did a brilliant tribute on the last ever Love Songs on Radio 2 this morning.
    At times she was too choked to carry on.
    Steve Wright brilliant broadcaster, gone but never forgotten!
  • Options
    Held no bitterness over his shabby treatment by the morons running R2
    Those same morons then clamouring to praise him is bang average BBC management hypocrisy as tone deaf as it is disingenuous.
    Be interesting to see what they do now with Sunday Love Songs and POTP - ratings for both had been holding up well with Steve amid the collapsing audiences for R2's litany of non-DJs and personality vacuums so beloved of Helen Thomas